Midwestern University MABS 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wonton000

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am scheduled for a phone interview this Thursday. I'm creating this thread to see if anyone has been or is through the same process, we can keep each other updated. It'd be great if any extra insight could be provided. Good luck to anyone who is applying to this program!! :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck! My phone interview was very relaxed and conversational. Took about 30 minutes. I found out a little less than 2 weeks later that I had been accepted.

Reactions: 1 user
Would you mind sharing the questions you got asked during the interview? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty standard. Tell me about yourself, why medicine, why this program, why should we accept you.

I hope it went well! I had my phone interview February 8th and was accepted the next day :O

I hope it went well! I had my phone interview February 8th and was accepted the next day :O

Wow congrats! Did you receive an email? I thought we were supposed to hear back in two weeks. I've had my phone interview so I'm waiting...

Wow congrats! Did you receive an email? I thought we were supposed to hear back in two weeks. I've had my phone interview so I'm waiting...

Yes yes! I received a phone call the next morning but I missed it, so my MWU academic counselor left a voicemail for me. I also received an email from her. The deadline to accept my offer is coming up on March 3rd, so I guess they give you three weeks.

My application process: I actually applied to MWU's dental school, but was denied an interview there. I applied through their biomed transfer application (only to have known about it when I emailed them about their online application) which was basically an agreement to transfer my info from AADSAS to their MABS application. I was thinking maybe this could be why it was so fast? I'm not sure haha

Also, during my interview, Dr. Chavez kept telling me about an articulate agreement for pre-dental students. If we have a certain GPA when we finish the MA program and we apply to MWU-AZ dental school, we receive an interview from them etc etc. Were you told something like this?

I got an acceptance email to the 1 year MA program, without an interview? Debating if I should go here, it is literally 5 minutes from my house.
3.2 cgpa, 2.9 sgpa, 512 mcat.

What are people liking about this program? Strong desire for CCOM? Why not go for an MD SMP?

Whaat, acceptance without an interview? Congrats!!! Sorry I can't help ya with your questions since I'm pre-dent :(

Yes yes! I received a phone call the next morning but I missed it, so my MWU academic counselor left a voicemail for me. I also received an email from her. The deadline to accept my offer is coming up on March 3rd, so I guess they give you three weeks.

My application process: I actually applied to MWU's dental school, but was denied an interview there. I applied through their biomed transfer application (only to have known about it when I emailed them about their online application) which was basically an agreement to transfer my info from AADSAS to their MABS application. I was thinking maybe this could be why it was so fast? I'm not sure haha

Also, during my interview, Dr. Chavez kept telling me about an articulate agreement for pre-dental students. If we have a certain GPA when we finish the MA program and we apply to MWU-AZ dental school, we receive an interview from them etc etc. Were you told something like this?

Whaat, acceptance without an interview? Congrats!!! Sorry I can't help ya with your questions since I'm pre-dent :(

Dr. Chavez did mention about the GPA requirement after finishing the MA program. However, I am a pre-med student. I am anxiously waiting... haha. So they called you to notify the acceptance? I kept checking my email instead :unsure:

Dr. Chavez did mention about the GPA requirement after finishing the MA program. However, I am a pre-med student. I am anxiously waiting... haha. So they called you to notify the acceptance? I kept checking my email instead :unsure:

ahaha, you also had Dr. Chavez?! We talked forever on the phone, it lasted about 45 minutes. They hooked me in with that agreement for their dental school interview, but I'm not 100% sure with accepting their offer yet. Yeahh, they called me but no worries, it seems like you might get an email from them as well. It happens when you least expect it :arghh:

ahaha, you also had Dr. Chavez?! We talked forever on the phone, it lasted about 45 minutes. They hooked me in with that agreement for their dental school interview, but I'm not 100% sure with accepting their offer yet. Yeahh, they called me but no worries, it seems like you might get an email from them as well. It happens when you least expect it :arghh:

Yeah we talked for like 30 minutes or so, super chill interview in my opinion. They talked about the criteria to transfer right into their med school and the criteria to be guaranteed an interview. Thanks, hope to hear back soon! We'll be in the same class if I get accepted haha ;)

Yeah we talked for like 30 minutes or so, super chill interview in my opinion. They talked about the criteria to transfer right into their med school and the criteria to be guaranteed an interview. Thanks, hope to hear back soon! We'll be in the same class if I get accepted haha ;)

Rooting for ya! :clap:

Hey do you know if they reject you via email or mail?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those who got in and good luck to those who are still waiting or waitlisted. I've searched on fb for this group but nada. So anyone wants to create it? :) I applied for dental school but got denied interview so i transferred my app from aadsas to mwuaz just like @sillyymelly. Got phone interview a week later and got accepted 2 weeks after the interview.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know of a Facebook group for IL?

Has anyone gotten accepted having taken the GRE? or know anyone who has in previous years? Just wondering what average scoring would be like

Has anyone gotten accepted having taken the GRE? or know anyone who has in previous years? Just wondering what average scoring would be like

I was accepted with a 153 verbal, 153 quantitative, and 4.0 analytical writing; nothing stellar.

What's this about a dental school interview? Like a guaranteed interview of sorts? Cause I found out that I got accepted last week, but I'm trying to decide between schools (VCU CERT, Tualne Cell Bio, Midwestern MABS, and Rutgers GSBS). Both VCU and Tulane require me to accept/turn down their offer by this Friday, so I'm kinda rushing.

Last edited:
What's this about a dental school interview? Like a guaranteed interview of sorts? Cause I found out that I got accepted last week, but I'm trying to decide between schools (VCU CERT, Tualne Cell Bio, Midwestern MABS, and Rutgers GSBS). Both VCU and Tulane require me to accept/turn down their offer by this Friday, so I'm kinda rushing.
It's something like if you do well in their program (maintain a certain GPA) and your DAT score is really good (considered competitive) and you apply to their dental school, they're going to guarantee you an interview at their dental school. Also, if you do well at the interview with said requirements, they'll guarantee you admission. But of course with everything, nothing is really a guarantee. Did you not get that spiel during your phone interview?

It's something like if you do well in their program (maintain a certain GPA) and your DAT score is really good (considered competitive) and you apply to their dental school, they're going to guarantee you an interview at their dental school. Also, if you do well at the interview with said requirements, they'll guarantee you admission. But of course with everything, nothing is really a guarantee. Did you not get that spiel during your phone interview?

It's weird, but I didn't have a phone interview. I know at least one other person in this thread mentioned that they didn't have an interview. Only program I had to interview at was Uconn's Post-Bac. Thanks for the info though. Still not sure what school to pick, too many thoughts floating around in my head!

Hey everyone! I made a major mistake. I just realized I applied and was accepted into the wrong program. I did not realize that there was a MABS program and I applied to MBS. I was wondering if anyone had any information on what I can do???

Contact admissions, you might to have to reapply.

hey guys, what is the difference between the IL and AZ MABS programs besides location?

hey guys! so i was wondering if anyone knows how quickly the program gets filled? my application has been done and sent since march but i only took the mcat in april so my application was just recently considered complete. just curious if I still have a reasonable chance. Thanks!

If I have a science GPA of 2.76 should I do the 1 year or 2 year? I'm scared I'll do the entire year with a solid GPA but I still won't have enough credits to pull me up to their minimum???? Any input would be appreciated. Got accepted to the 1 year MABS need to make a decision by next week

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hello. I was accepted recently to MABS program with an MCAT of 500. However, their guaranteed interview requires 504 MCAT. I could put good effort during MABS and that could get me an interview. But I am wondering if its worth it. Or should I just go for a less risky program (LECOM/VCOM)?

Also, do MABS receive housing on campus?