Military ID

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bustbones26

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey I just have to ask you all something. I still havea a DoD ID card that is green with the black and white picture on it. I noticed last year while I was doing a rotation at one of the Army Community Hospitals that people there were all getting these new ID's that have colored photos.

So, do I have to go get a new ID, or is my old black and white one still good to get me access to facilities?
 
The green one is for reservists. The white one, complete w/ computer chip and color pic, is for active duty folks. Just picked up my greenie last week. You should be good to go w/ the green ID.