D
deleted992700
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i’m just getting loan repayment after residency for 6 years so I don’t have to worry about other obligations or my IRR.So this 00E67 and then subsequent re-branch back in to the medical corps after graduation is all non-obligation reserve time? So you get paid for your drill and AT days, plus earn points towards a reserve retirement but you aren't receiving a stipend or loan repayment? This is all good info and stuff I know very little about.
What is the point though? If your loans aren't getting paid and you aren't super Hooah/Oorah about MilMed...aren't they just subjecting themselves to headaches/pitfalls of drills during med school/residency and risk of possible deployments? Seems like this would be a good option only for people super duper Hooah who just want to be serving but don't want to be incurring payback and are OK with student loans. Maybe I'm missing something.
Thanks for your time and help with this @notdeadyet ; I think we are all learning something.