Military Mental Health

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chimed

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought this article was interesting:
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1811858,00.html?cnn=yes

The impact of this war is clearly going to be felt for generations to come. I'm sure others have seen how devastating PTSD is on our Vets and how it destroys the lives of the Vets and their families. I wonder if the government/VA system is going to rise to the call for the enormous amount of mental health needs our Vets will require. Sounds like they're passing out a lot of anti-depressants, which is fine, but this will not be enough....

Members don't see this ad.

I sense that many psychiatrists do not like to work for the military... I am under the impression that your practice is under heavy influence from the boys at the top.

Not that I've ever worked in the vet system but several I know who have have complained about the bureacracy & budgetary limits on patient care that go on in the system.

EMDR has been actively researched by the gov, & is being incorporated into some vet hospitals.

The world really needs to follow the oh so insanely simple "do unto others as you would have done unto you" rule. Or if they cannot do that, go to "Arsehole Island" and duke it out amongst their like minded peers only.