Military Reidency Interviews ... who contacts who?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DD214_DOC

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if it is typical for programs to not contact applicants. My ERAS was downloaded by NCC 2-3 weeks ago and I never heard a peep -- I had to contact them to setup an interview. Is this pretty typical?

Also, I have heard nil from any of the TY programs.

My numbers aren't the best but I don't have any glaring red flags, either. Just wondering if there's something they don't like about my application.

Members don't see this ad.

Just wondering if it is typical for programs to not contact applicants.

It's typical; they will not call you. You need to call them. Probably not much advantage to early vs late. Your interview "score" will be one subjective number among many objective numbers now beyond your control; they'll be added up at a big meeting in November around Thanksgiving.

In person interviews are obviously best, but phone interviews probably aren't a dealkiller the way they would be for civilian programs. They're used to doing them via Iridium to people who are deployed.

Members don't see this ad :)
when you interview during your ADTs, do you only interview with internship programs or should you also interview with your desired specialty program as well?

when you interview during your ADTs, do you only interview with internship programs or should you also interview with your desired specialty program as well?

Both. If your specialty has a Transitional year requirement (Anes, PM&R, Rads, etc), then the interview with the internship director is mostly a formality (since the specialty PD will determine who goes where). At least, that's how it works for Army, not sure about Navy.