Military vet school list help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jr8811

Reaction score
I'll try to be quick to spare you the life story. Also, this is my first post so hopefully this is the correct thread:

cGPA: 3.1
sGPA (with math): 3.52
sGPA (without math): 3.85
DIY Post-bacc (60 credits): 3.87

If the GPA's look strange it's because I took almost no science courses in my undergrad, and the few math courses I did take I (clearly) did not do well in. There was a long gap between my undergrad and post bacc where I (like the title says) was in the military. After I got out and decided to pursue medicine I have done fairly well in school.

MCAT: 508

Clinical experience: 3,000 hours (military med)
Volunteer: 75 hours as of now
Research: None

Other EC's: EMT, WEMT, Swiftwater rescue tech, tutoring.

The reason I want to go into medicine (and what I will focus on in my app) is from my time in the military.

ORM & CA Resident

I'm trying to hammer down a school list (MD & DO) and would appreciate any advice the fine people of SDN are willing to give. My main concern is obviously the cGPA, and I'm not really sure how to approach my list specifically because of that. Thank you for any input!

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest these schools with your stats:
UC Davis
UC Irvine
Kaiser
California University
Loma Linda
Vermont
Dartmouth
Quinnipiac
Albany
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Georgetown
NOVA MD
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane
TCU-UNT (new school)
Also apply to at least 6 DO schools and you are competitive for all DO schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
I read your title as asking for a list of veterinary programs associated with the military. Thank you for your service!

Whoops! I can see how that would be confusing. Sorry about that

Reactions: 1 user