Military veterinary careers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmehr3

OSU DVM c/o 2020!
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all-I apologize if there's a forum about this somewhere but I couldn't find much of anything in my searches.

My question is...has anyone graduated and gone into a career (or know anyone who has) as a Veterinary Medical Officer at e.g. an Air Force Base? I'm interested in going that path after I graduate in 2 years and I can't find a lot of info on it. If so, would you mind sharing your experiences, advice, etc.? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all-I apologize if there's a forum about this somewhere but I couldn't find much of anything in my searches.

My question is...has anyone graduated and gone into a career (or know anyone who has) as a Veterinary Medical Officer at e.g. an Air Force Base? I'm interested in going that path after I graduate in 2 years and I can't find a lot of info on it. If so, would you mind sharing your experiences, advice, etc.? Thanks!

Are you specifically looking into a career as an Air Force Public Health Officer or any uniformed service? Let us know. Feel free to send me a PM too.