Minimum pay increase to be PIC/Manager Inpatient

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How many ICU beds?

I can't see how you guys manage to have any work to do with that amount of staff on hand. That must be the chillest job ever?

I agree, that is an overstrength FTE situation by quite a bit. 24 beds is usually covered by 2 and 2 with nurse overlap on functions unless a Level V and if a consultant shows up, you bet that they'll recommend to shrink FTE.

Members don't see this ad.

0 ICU beds haha. Everything is set up for Tele but we really don't take any critical patients. Its really a glorified ambulatory surgery center that admits a few medical patients and has some overnight stays postoperatively. Todays census is 5. It is pretty chill, not gonna lie.

Mind blowing, you have it really good. Keep your unicorn gig and enjoy your management role.

Currently managing census that is 4-5x yours w/ high acuity patients in ~10 ICU beds, and only allowed 1 FT pharmd (DOP+staff in one position) and 1 FT technician.

Last edited:
Don't overplay your hand. Sounds like plenty of people would take your job for a lot less.

and btw, as much as I appreciate actual information, it feels that people close enough to the situation can figure out your identity fairly easy from these posts. This isn't very anonymous.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't overplay your hand. Sounds like plenty of people would take your job for a lot less.

and btw, as much as I appreciate actual information, it feels that people close enough to the situation can figure out your identity fairly easy from these posts. This isn't very anonymous.
Fair enough- just wanted to paint as accurate a picture to get as accurate advice/insight as possible

@Saiyo has it right for himself based on his particular circumstances (I would do exactly the same in his shoes if I worked at his place.) You only enter management if you think you can get something out of it. The cost for power is a bit high.

Well, a Monday-Friday daytime schedule would be nice, but not really worth giving up my differential/non-exempt status for a nominal raise and so much more stress and responsibility.

Actually, if we're counting differentials it would probably be a paycut, so these positions seem more and more like traps. Who wants power that badly??

I would probably consider management if I could veg out in the office all day, but my spidey senses tell me that's not happening.