Minnesota Acceptance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dent2be4

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got accepted to Minnesota!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So HAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else going?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!

I'll see you there this fall.

Thanks! I'm SOO EXCITED!!!!!!!! Looking forward to meeting my classmates. Anyone else get accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!!

Congrats! See you in August too!!!!!:)

That's great....if its not rude to ask, what are your stats? Ive been waiting to hear from them for some time now. Oh....and are you a MN resident. Congrats anyway

That's great....if its not rude to ask, what are your stats? Ive been waiting to hear from them for some time now. Oh....and are you a MN resident. Congrats anyway

Of course! Bio major, 3.72, out of state, 19/19/20. How about you?

still says under review for me.....:(

Of course! Bio major, 3.72, out of state, 19/19/20. How about you?[/QUOT

Good to hear, I have the same stats! Gives me hope for June, when I apply. What do you think was key to your acceptance? Well, besides the stats you already shared?

Thanks for info....Im also an out-of-stater, gpa 3.55 and DAT 22/23/20, I hope to hear something soon, Minnesota is a great school and I know you'll love it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Of course! Bio major, 3.72, out of state, 19/19/20. How about you?

what state are you from? i'm still waiting on minnesota too! i heard they were accepting more this week. hope i hear something soon! congrats on getting accepted!

Congratulations! Maybe I'll see you this fall.

Did anyone else hear besides dent2b4 yesterday or today?

Congrats!

That is odd though, Minnesota only updates AADSAS on Friday's and sends e-mail to their acceptances. Has anyone else heard anything? This year has been very different from acception cycles in the past.

Actually I got it by cerified mail (no email) on a friday and my aadsas wasn't updated until the next tuesday. I also know someone who got a call directly from Dr. Madden. I think you just don't know actually which way they are going to do it.

Does it seem weird to anyone, that I have never had anything on my aadsas page from UMN? I had an interview there and everything, but it has never said under review, or interviewed, or app recieved or anything. It's been blank for them the whole time.

Does it seem weird to anyone, that I have never had anything on my aadsas page from UMN? I had an interview there and everything, but it has never said under review, or interviewed, or app recieved or anything. It's been blank for them the whole time.

That's odd! So it displays nothing at all? Some other schools did that to me. With UMN the 2 aadsas chancesge I saw were received materials and offered position. guess it depends who updates your addsas profile I guess? Good luck to everyone else applying!

For what it's worth, my UMN row on the "Status at Designated Schools" page has said "Received/Under Review" for status since November 9, 2006 ... and nothing under "status defined."

*as usual, finger crossed for good news this Friday*

Of the people interviewed there have been no rejections as of yet. So what should we think about under review at this point?

Actually I got it by cerified mail (no email) on a friday and my aadsas wasn't updated until the next tuesday. I also know someone who got a call directly from Dr. Madden. I think you just don't know actually which way they are going to do it.

Did anyone get their acceptance in the mail yet? I only have AADSAS saying that an offer was made. Not sure what to do??:confused:

Did anyone get their acceptance in the mail yet? I only have AADSAS saying that an offer was made. Not sure what to do??:confused:

I'm sure you'll get the letter soon enough, especially if your AADSAS has been updated. I wish they'd update mine! Like someone else said though, I was told by someone there that they only updated AADSAS on Fridays, and you said yours was updated in the middle of the week. Not saying that yours isn't legit, just found it surprising.

I'm sure you'll get the letter soon enough, especially if your AADSAS has been updated. I wish they'd update mine! Like someone else said though, I was told by someone there that they only updated AADSAS on Fridays, and you said yours was updated in the middle of the week. Not saying that yours isn't legit, just found it surprising.

I interviewed pre-Dec 1st though. Maybe that is why, since I am in (probabbly) the second wave of acceptances. Good luck to everyone else!

For all those who havent heard anything from MN....Whats the word? Are they supposed to call Friday or what? The way I see it....300 people interviewed...probably 200 for instate positions, maybe 100 for out-of-state...1/3 of us out-of-staters might get in, good chance! They need to tell us though, stress isnt good for health and Im gettin older by the minute

For all those who havent heard anything from MN....Whats the word? Are they supposed to call Friday or what? The way I see it....300 people interviewed...probably 200 for instate positions, maybe 100 for out-of-state...1/3 of us out-of-staters might get in, good chance! They need to tell us though, stress isnt good for health and Im gettin older by the minute

haha i'm with you benitz..stress is definitely not good for the health.

There are no "rounds of acceptance" letters are going out in small groups of 1-5 on a continual basis. They seem to meet every week or so and discuss the recent interviews and those that remain from previous interview dates. No one has been rejected yet, so if you interviewed you are still in the hunt for the few remaining spots or the waitlist.

hey DakotaDentist....when did you interview at MN...I met a North/South Dakota student when I interviewed Dec 1st, just wondering if that might be you

hey DakotaDentist....when did you interview at MN...I met a North/South Dakota student when I interviewed Dec 1st, just wondering if that might be you

Nope, it wasn't me then. I interviewed at U of M in late October. Still no word from them, and my AADSAS still says Under Review.

A close friend of mine interviewed in Dec. and hasn't heard anything yet, so I was wondering if there has been any acceptances for anyone who interviewed post Dec 1st?

A close friend of mine interviewed in Dec. and hasn't heard anything yet, so I was wondering if there has been any acceptances for anyone who interviewed post Dec 1st?

Did anyone else get their paper letters yet? I'm still waiting for mine. Going to call the school next week if I don't get it by Tuesday.

Nope, it wasn't me then. I interviewed at U of M in late October. Still no word from them, and my AADSAS still says Under Review.

well its all good...I hope to see you there next year anyway! good luck....Im calling Monday to see how my file is doing...maybe if I pester them for awhile they'll let me in

well its all good...I hope to see you there next year anyway! good luck....Im calling Monday to see how my file is doing...maybe if I pester them for awhile they'll let me in

yeah, dude I hope we all get accepted there! let me know what they tell you when you call on monday. every time I've called they just give me the whole "it's still under review" statement, and that's it! not the best vibe every time i call. i don't know if they're just sick of those calls or what! but, i usually make about one a week there anyways :)

I do research in the same building and frequent the dental office at least 3 times per week. If you haven't recieved an acceptance you are still under review and being compared to the those who are interviewing in January. The U of M is up 25% in completed apps this year so the process is taking longer. They are also being more "conservative" looking for more qualified applicants. February 15th is a rumored date for some final decisions to be made and the waitlist to be generated. Otherwise I have heard that april will bring the end as well. At this point many of us are fighting for waitlist position. Again, all rumors just like the rest of the info on SDN.

Thanks for the info Drpr, even if it's just a rumor, it still gives me hope :)

I do research in the same building and frequent the dental office at least 3 times per week. If you haven't recieved an acceptance you are still under review and being compared to the those who are interviewing in January. The U of M is up 25% in completed apps this year so the process is taking longer. They are also being more "conservative" looking for more qualified applicants. February 15th is a rumored date for some final decisions to be made and the waitlist to be generated. Otherwise I have heard that april will bring the end as well. At this point many of us are fighting for waitlist position. Again, all rumors just like the rest of the info on SDN.

Damn, are they still interviewing into January? I was hoping they would be done with interviewing in December so we could get things rolling here!

I'm a d1 at the U of M and its hard as hell but I wouldnt wanna be anywhere else. I'm sure you will all love it. You will be the second class to enjoy the new pre-clinics that are magnificint !
I wish you all th best of luck :thumbup:

Has anyone else heard anything? I interviewed in December and have not heard anything back from the school yet. Getting worried!

I'm a d1 at the U of M and its hard as hell but I wouldnt wanna be anywhere else. I'm sure you will all love it. You will be the second class to enjoy the new pre-clinics that are magnificint !
I wish you all th best of luck :thumbup:

Thanks. What were your stats? and what month did you get interviewed and accepted?

rumor has it that letters were sent out on jan 31st and aadsas was not updated due to sickness in the admissions office.

rumor has it that letters were sent out on jan 31st and aadsas was not updated due to sickness in the admissions office.

oh no! I did not get a letter yet, and it is Feb 4th! :confused::confused::confused: Who (without naming the person) did you hear this from? A prof? A student? A friend of a friend?

Anyone else get any letters from UMN?

I got one yesterday. It was a rejection :( It was my only interview, too. Looks like I'll be reapplying next year.

I got one yesterday. It was a rejection :( It was my only interview, too. Looks like I'll be reapplying next year.

oh no!! I'm so sorry to hear that. :( :( :( I wish everyone could get in.

If you do not mind me asking, how did you receive the rejection (was it AADSAS status? regularl mail?). Also, if it's not rude to ask, can you give us a general idea on your approx gpa and approx dat?

I'm so sorry to hear that. I know you will get in next year!! Good luck!

I got a letter in regular mail, just a normal envelope with a single page... so I kinda knew as soon as I saw it.
My full stats are on predents but in case you are lazy, 21/22 DAT 3.5/3.7 GPA hope this helps anyone, and best of luck to everyone who still has a shot!

Yikes! You got a 30 in RC and they still turned you down? http://predents.com/?page=user&user_id=646 Holy moley!! Good to see that you got in somewhere! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: How did Case accept you in August? Were you a re-applicant on their waitlist or something?

Purplemonkey, you are not listed on predents.com. Do you mind sharing your stats too please?

Anyone have any news. Im getting worried :( :( Purple monkey, can you please share ur stats if possible?

I checked aadsas and it says denied so now i will just wait for the letter....and for next year :(