Minnesota Acceptance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I checked aadsas and it says denied so now i will just wait for the letter....and for next year :(

So sorry. What day did this AADSAS update happen? I interviewed right before Christmas, and still have not heard anything!!! :( :( :( :(

Members don't see this ad.

I cant believe they rejected me...really wanted to go.
Stats: GPA 3.6/3.67 DAT 22/23/20

Does anyone know when Minnesotas admissions committee meet? anyone heard any rumors?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got put on the alternate list...anyone else? I wish I knew how many were on it!

Thanks. What were your stats? and what month did you get interviewed and accepted?

I'm currently a D1 and in the spring semester. I interviewed in the late fall because I applied pretty late (the worst thing u can do). My gpa was around 3.6 and my DAT was AA=18

Received rejection letter from u of m on saturday feb. 3
my stats are AA-18, TS-19, PAT 17 and gpa of 3.97

Received rejection letter from u of m on saturday feb. 3
my stats are AA-18, TS-19, PAT 17 and gpa of 3.97

woah! did they update your AADSAS too? or did you just a letter and that was it? Please let me know. So sorry to hear that. With your gpa though I know you will get in somewhere!! Good luck! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::):) :)

The best thing you can do for yourself is to stop by the admissions office and ask direct questions. This board is entertaining but is full of not-so-true information and rumors. Go get the facts. If the waitlist is out, chances are that the school is full.

Go get the facts. If the waitlist is out, chances are that the school is full.

I am 1h away from the twin cities and when I called they did not want to say if the waitlist was in place yet. do you, or anyone else know anything? has anyone heard anything else? anyone know any other rumors?

The waitlist (they call it "alternate candidates" but the AADSAS status is "wait listed") has been made. I don't know if this necessarily means the class is full and awaiting replies by those who have received offers; I suspect that it is full. Good luck, all! I'm waiting out the next couple of months for news on my waitlisting, too ...

The waitlist (they call it "alternate candidates" but the AADSAS status is "wait listed") has been made. I don't know if this necessarily means the class is full and awaiting replies by those who have received offers; I suspect that it is full. Good luck, all! I'm waiting out the next couple of months for news on my waitlisting, too ...

Shoot! When did they place you on the waitlist (this week?). When did your AADSAS status change to "wait listed" and did they also send you a letter?

Good luck with the wait list. I know you will get off it and go to dental school!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I don't understand why you never received a letter wannabee, it seems like everyone has heard something by now??? Maybe you should call them and ask them if they sent you one?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't understand why you never received a letter wannabee, it seems like everyone has heard something by now??? Maybe you should call them and ask them if they sent you one?

I called them and I am still in limbo. They are picking their last wave of people. I guess that means I am on the waitlist, since someone earlier said acceptances are sent by certified mail. :( :( :( :( Still, no news on my status, but that is my best guess. :( :(

Anyone else hear any rumors? Anyone get any, *gulp*, acceptances lately?

Congratulations to all those that got in! Please post if you did!

So now that the mail came, did anyone get accepted to Minn today?

nope, I'm not going to. It says right in the letter that they won't tell you where you are on the list, so I don't even want to ask them how many are on it, I don't think they want to release any information about it. I'm just going to sit tight and wait...and pray really hard!!

nope, I'm not going to. It says right in the letter that they won't tell you where you are on the list, so I don't even want to ask them how many are on it, I don't think they want to release any information about it. I'm just going to sit tight and wait...and pray really hard!!

My bad! I did not know what was in the letter. Maybe somebody else has heard how many people are on the waitlist?? Good luck!

*sniff*... nothing today :( :( anyone else hear anything today??

have you tried calling them?

The waitlist is short this year. They only took 1 student last year, 2 the year before, and Zero from 2004. The waitlist is still a "foot in the door." To be safe, start getting ready for 08

The waitlist is short this year. They only took 1 student last year, 2 the year before, and Zero from 2004. The waitlist is still a "foot in the door." To be safe, start getting ready for 08

CONGRATS LAURA T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::):):):)

Thanks wannabee!!! I'm not celebrating quite yet though! I'd like a REAL acceptance first! But, it is really nice to know that I've still got my "foot in the door!"

Thanks wannabee!!! I'm not celebrating quite yet though! I'd like a REAL acceptance first! But, it is really nice to know that I've still got my "foot in the door!"

I know what you mean, but congratulations!! I know you will get in!! :) :) :) :) :)

awe thanks! I sure hope so!:D

I read somewhere on SDN that minnesota updates aadsas on friday! Here is to tomorrow.. another day checking our status! Good luck everyone!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

awe thanks! I sure hope so!:D

LauraT, Did you hear anything from Minn last week? Keeping my toes and fingers crossed for you!

Anyone else get accepted to Minnesota recently?

No word yet! Thanks! You're nice...if we both get in, can we bee friends...

No word yet! Thanks! You're nice...if we both get in, can we bee friends...

Definitely! If I get in I want to get along with everyone! ::laughs:: I do have a thing for bees.. they look so cute, but from a distance.

This waiting on Minnesota sure is stressful, isn't it? :( :(

well, maybe if you get in, you can make your office like a bee hive! With honeycomb wall paper, and bees all over. Although, I'm not sure everyone shares the same affection for bees! You may not have very many customers ; )

I got accepted today!!!

I got accepted today!!!

Congratulations!! I can uncross my toes now for you!! How did you find out? What it on aadsas or did you get a letter? If a letter, how did it arrive? Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: :love: :) :) :) :)

Thank you! I got a phone call this morning!

Well done Laura!! I think I'll be heading to Minnesota myself.

Go Bobcats!!! I still remember my days at Roskie Hall.

Well done Laura!! I think I'll be heading to Minnesota myself.

Go Bobcats!!! I still remember my days at Roskie Hall.

whoa!! What the heck! who are you?

SDN stalker.

I went to MSU for a couple years...stayed in Roskie Hall the first year. Were you there too?

There is a facebook group for the accepted U of MN Dental class of '11.

I searched for that group for a long time! Can someone whose in it invite me? PM me and I'll tell you my last name.

any new minnesota acceptances? anyone turning down their spot?

FYI, there are 94 people on the class list so far.

That's what I thought too. So Wenz...where are you planning to live? Know of any cheap apartments?