Minnesota Acceptance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think I might buy a house, so if anyone is looking to rent, let me know. I'm trying to find a nice house or condo near the school.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I'd kind of like to buy a house or condo as well. It would be nice if buying a house would facilitate gaining residency, but it appears in-state tuition is out of the question regardless. Here's the response I got when asking about it in case anyone's interested...

"In order to potentially gain MN residency, you need to live here for one full calendar year with the main reason for being here not related to education. Please see the residency brochures on the Office of Admissions website for additional details: http://admissions.tc.umn.edu/PDFs/ResidencyApp.pdf "

That's what I thought too. So Wenz...where are you planning to live? Know of any cheap apartments?

I am from here and I have a house. I haven't rented an apartment for about 8 years, so I really don't know what is out there... Sorry.

Members don't see this ad :)
With 94 out of 96 people on the class list at the beginning of March, I would imagine that (with March behind us) the U of M is full.

I knew someone who got in to the U a couple of years ago in March, but now that March is past, my odds of getting off the wait-list don't look good. Anybody know of someone who got in after March?

'08 apps hear I come, I guess ... :oops:

(Fun Fact: I used "March" 5 times in that post)

With 94 out of 96 people on the class list at the beginning of March, I would imagine that (with March behind us) the U of M is full.

I knew someone who got in to the U a couple of years ago in March, but now that March is past, my odds of getting off the wait-list don't look good. Anybody know of someone who got in after March?

'08 apps hear I come, I guess ... :oops:

(Fun Fact: I used "March" 5 times in that post)

Out of curiosity what are your stats? I am applying to Minnesota next year and am curious what kind of stats it takes to at least make the waiting list. PM me if you dont want to post in the thread. Thanks!! :)

when does school start at U of Minnesota?

First week in August, I think.

All those who applied to Minnesota for 07 cycle... did anyone have any experiences with their Early Admission Program? This is not where you get in after 3 years of undergrad, but instead is just an early acceptance sort of deal. Any EAP applicants out there? Is this how you got accepted or not?

The reason I ask is because I just recently submitted my EAP application for the 08 entering class and am waiting to hear the results before sending out AADSAS in May... Dr. Madden said that the program only accepts about 20 students each year though...:eek: I'd love to hear about any experiences that any of you had with the program...

Thanks!