Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
when was your app completed?
I have an interview this upcoming wednesday and i still have not received an email with the n eed to know facts they told me about! Does anyone know about this, or if they actually got this email? If so. does it say anything important??? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

How long does the real interview take in MN? I heard you sit and talk with them for about 40 min. Is that true?
They asked me ~8 questions. Don't forget, it is a closed file interview what makes it kind of complex (at least for me)
The actual interview took about 45 minutes.
I have an interview this upcoming wednesday and i still have not received an email with the n eed to know facts they told me about! Does anyone know about this, or if they actually got this email? If so. does it say anything important??? Thanks
They emailed me the info 3 days before the interview. Nothing useful there for me as I was flying in anyways.
Do you start the 2 on 1 interview right away? or after tour?
No. You have a couple of presentations beforehand. Then interview, then tour.

if you didnt get teh additional email yet, you probably received the interview email as a mistake and do not really have an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Heya,

I heard back from Minnesota today (11/3). Interview is scheduled for 11/11.

Flights are over $300 =\ Anybody else in this mucky situation? I didn't know they schedule it within a week... must be hard for oos-ers.
What is the housing situation? I would like to know BEFORE I book tickets/confirm the interview with them.

Thanks a lot :)

Heya,

I heard back from Minnesota today (11/3). Interview is scheduled for 11/11.

Flights are over $300 =\ Anybody else in this mucky situation? I didn't know they schedule it within a week... must be hard for oos-ers.
What is the housing situation? I would like to know BEFORE I book tickets/confirm the interview with them.

Thanks a lot :)

I'm from the great state of Minnesota, and I'm sure many others who read this thread are too. Feel free to list all your questions here. What do you mean by housing situation? During the interview or while attending dental school? If its for the interview, the Radisson is literally across the street from Moos Tower. Otherwise the Days Inn is only a few blocks away, definitely within walking distance (visible from outside Moos Tower if you look down the street 4-5 blocks). If you were asking about housing during dental school, there are so many on-campus and near-campus apartments...you probably won't have trouble finding something within walking/biking/bussing distance. Hope you enjoy your trip! (Since you're from the warm south, I would also recommend bringing a jacket because it's starting to get cold out). Good Luck!

hello everyone

For the past interviewers, is it true about the new type of "what if" questions at the interview? This is my first interview and I am not sure how to prepare for it. also since the interview is close file, does that mean that they will not likely ask about things related to the application (ie. Gpa, extracurriculars, classes...) Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

hello everyone

For the past interviewers, is it true about the new type of "what if" questions at the interview? This is my first interview and I am not sure how to prepare for it. also since the interview is close file, does that mean that they will not likely ask about things related to the application (ie. Gpa, extracurriculars, classes...) Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Yes.....all of the questions are "what if" questions or scenerio questions or "tell me about a time" questions. They are most people's worst nightmares for questions. I dont say that to scare you but it really is. 2 people will interview you in a room and they will take turns asking questions. I personally felt I did really well in the interview, if you are quick on your feet, you will have no problems. It is closed file so try to insert as many positive accomplishments as you can that are related to their questions. Good luck and if you have any other specific questions, feel free to PM me.