minor error on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilronron

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I made (what I perceive) to be a minor error on my AMCAS that I just noticed now. The number of hours that I worked in a lab are correct but the duration over which I worked them are incorrect. I worked one year full-time versus part-time over two years. I was having issues with entering the dates and I am assuming that is how the error happened. I have already been accepted. Is it important that the medical school knows about my minor error? Everything else appears to be correct on my AMCAS. This shouldn't effect anything either way right?

Members don't see this ad.

I would disclose it, but it shouldn't affect anything. I decided not to relook at my stuff, because when I do, I find typos, grammar errors, etc.
The worst typo was on a secondary, I spelled Ophthalmology wrong (Ophthmology). Yikes, still got an interview at my number one pick despite my carelessness (way too many essays in too short a time period). I'm sure they got a chuckle out of my "oversight".

Members don't see this ad :)
I would disclose it, but it shouldn't affect anything. I decided not to relook at my stuff, because when I do, I find typos, grammar errors, etc.
The worst typo was on a secondary, I spelled Ophthalmology wrong (Ophthmology). Yikes, still got an interview at my number one pick despite my carelessness (way too many essays in too short a time period). I'm sure they got a chuckle out of my "oversight".

Do you think I should just call them or e-mail them? I am assuming that they will be gone for Christmas break. I don't think it will effect anything but I am a little anxious that it might. I am giving up my seats at DO schools seats this weekend (not paying the huge non-refundable fee) because I decided this MD school would be better for me, etc.

Do you think I should just call them or e-mail them? I am assuming that they will be gone for Christmas break. I don't think it will effect anything but I am a little anxious that it might. I am giving up my seats at DO schools seats this weekend (not paying the huge non-refundable fee) because I decided this MD school would be better for me, etc.

If you need to send them a final transcript, or an update, just put it in there (email is fine). No guarantees in life, but the hours were fine, just the time period was off, so I don't think they will turn down your acceptance. This isn't a show stopper, IMHO. Send them an email, and relax for the rest of your holidays. It truly shows you are a contentious individual, and not prone to sweeping problems under the carpet.

Reactions: 1 user