Minor removal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NotAnotherPreMed

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,
So I'm a current applicant and on my transcript so far I have one major and a couple of minors. However, I just found out that one of my classes doesn't count for a minor because of which I won't be able to complete that minor. Additionally, I also want to take it a little easy after 4 years of pre-med my senior spring and don't know if I want to complete my other minor either. Do you think medical schools really would care about this? I haven't really spoken about my minors other than just mentioning them in the appropriate boxes in my application. Thank you for your time! (have a technical science major and both minors are technical as well)
 
As I have mentioned here a gazillion times, med schools don't care what your majors or minors are, only that you do well in them.


Hi guys,
So I'm a current applicant and on my transcript so far I have one major and a couple of minors. However, I just found out that one of my classes doesn't count for a minor because of which I won't be able to complete that minor. Additionally, I also want to take it a little easy after 4 years of pre-med my senior spring and don't know if I want to complete my other minor either. Do you think medical schools really would care about this? I haven't really spoken about my minors other than just mentioning them in the appropriate boxes in my application. Thank you for your time! (have a technical science major and both minors are technical as well)
 
As I have mentioned here a gazillion times, med schools don't care what your majors or minors are, only that you do well in them.
I know that and maybe I wasn't clear in my first post. What I was just worried about was that I already have the minors listed on my AMCAS primary and if asked in my secondaries. Was wondering if that made any difference or not since it won't be on my final transcript upon graduation.