Frazier

Palliative Emergentologist
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
  • Nov 12, 2009
    US
    1. Attending Physician
      Hi everyone,

I shadowed some internists for 30 hours. However, when I was filling out my primaries, I miscalculated and wrote 36 hours! (I shadowed them for 3 hours every mon from oct 4th to dec 20th. there are 12 mondays in this span of time. however, there were two mondays when I didn't shadow them due to time conflicts and i completely forgot about that when I was filling out apps!) I've already turned in my applications. What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

D:

Step back and think about the big picture. 6 hours of shadowing.
      Try to imagine how petty this is... now times that by two.

About the Ads

YouNeverKnow22

7+ Year Member
      May 14, 2009
      Grey Street
      1. Pre-Medical
        Hi everyone,

I shadowed some internists for 30 hours. However, when I was filling out my primaries, I miscalculated and wrote 36 hours! (I shadowed them for 3 hours every mon from oct 4th to dec 20th. there are 12 mondays in this span of time. however, there were two mondays when I didn't shadow them due to time conflicts and i completely forgot about that when I was filling out apps!) I've already turned in my applications. What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

D:

you put 36 down when you only had 30?

Next thing you know you're going to be writing orders for a patient that might kill them--what an idiot.

vin5cent0

10+ Year Member
        Jan 15, 2008
        1. Pre-Medical
          One of my friends in med school told me to exaggerate everything on my application by a factor of 2. Now, I'm not going to do it because it's not worth getting caught lying over and risking everything, nor do I feel like getting in on something not based off of my own merit.

Anyways, my point is that if he could get away with exaggerating his entire application, and being extremely successful in the process.. you'll be fine.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.