Misdemeanor and clinical rotations

Started by Cam1992
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Cam1992

Full Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Unfortunately got written a reckless driving ticket (a misdemeanor in my state) after being accepted to a program. Hoping it will be reduced in court coming up, but I'm thinking about all outcomes. I've let the program know, and it won't affect my acceptance, but I'm wondering if it will affect being placed for clinicals down the road.... has anyone had experiences with this? Freaking out a little...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm sure they will find it on the background check, and ask you about it, but I can't imagine they wouldn't allow you to complete clinicals because of it. Reckless driving is irrelevant to the PT profession so I think you're fine.
 
I'm sure they will find it on the background check, and ask you about it, but I can't imagine they wouldn't allow you to complete clinicals because of it. Reckless driving is irrelevant to the PT profession so I think you're fine.
random but do you know if it gets reduced to a normal infraction like speeding will it still show up on a background check?
 
If it gets reduced I would assume it would still show up, but no PT school is going to care that you were speeding. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it.