Misdemeanor for petty theft

Started by Dpharm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dpharm

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need some help.

When I was 18 years old I was convicted of a misdemeanor for petty theft. This year I graduated with honors and have been accepted to a great residency program which will be starting soon.
The BOP sent a letter stating that I will not be authorized to take the naplex/CPJE for 90 days. MY residency program would like me to be licensed by October. So if they let me know in 90 days, it puts me in september and will not be licensed by October.

Can anyone let me know if they have been or heard of a similar situation? If the BOP really does take 90 days? If anyone thinks that this will affect me from being licensed as a pharmacist??
Thanks
 
I'd swear there was a thread just like this a day or two ago...

October 1st is 105 days away. So even if it takes 90 days, you're fine.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need some help.

When I was 18 years old I was convicted of a misdemeanor for petty theft. This year I graduated with honors and have been accepted to a great residency program which will be starting soon.
The BOP sent a letter stating that I will not be authorized to take the naplex/CPJE for 90 days. MY residency program would like me to be licensed by October. So if they let me know in 90 days, it puts me in september and will not be licensed by October.

Can anyone let me know if they have been or heard of a similar situation? If the BOP really does take 90 days? If anyone thinks that this will affect me from being licensed as a pharmacist??
Thanks

Pickup a phone and call - quit making double posts and eating forum space/time.
 
So they didn't see that as an issue of moral turpitude? Well I guess there still is a need to fill pharmacist positions and residencies...

Good luck with your second-chance!
 
Ps. I'm not trying to hide anything, I just want to know what would be the best action at this moment that will not jeopardize my career

Might want to start by not talking about a pending case on a public forum.