mrmedico

10+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Don't you wish you could find out the name of that person you interviewed with that was really pleasant but they accidentally took your car keys? etc etc. Or just want to say hi? Well step aside craigyy list.

Here's MISSED CONNECTIONS - EM Interview Trail style!

By the way... props to all you cool applicants out there.

----

Here's my two cents worth: Today... I met an applicant with a really nice tie. It was blue, black, gray. Very nice pattern.

Last edited:

airwaymastaflex

10+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2008
Status
Medical Student
My shout out to the 6'11" applicant. If you meet him on the interview trail, he's a super cool nice guy.

About the Ads

forfinity08

10+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Here's to the extremely annoying girl that I keep running into....why did my schedule match yours somehow, and please stop waving at me overly-enthusiastically when we meet once again. And please stop talking about how awesome you are. Thanks.

GoBuckeyes913

Intoxicating
10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2007
Night’s Watch
Status
Attending Physician
Here's to "active listener" girl, who nodded her head a thousand times whenever one of the faculty would come into the conference room to talk to the group. No way that chick left an interview without some cervical strain. I counted 27 nods and 13 furrowed brows in a 5 minute time period. God bless her little heart.

RxnMan

Who, me? A doctor?
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2006
Somewhere in time and relative dimensions in space
Status
Medical Student
This thread sounds a lot like an "I Saw U" ad...

RRPiper

10+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Here's to the incredibly snobby girl I met who told me she didn't apply to any program south of the Mason-Dixon line because of (and I quote) "Bibles." :wow:

TwoNickel

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2008
Status
Medical Student
My shout out to the 6'11" applicant. If you meet him on the interview trail, he's a super cool nice guy.
yes, that guy is extremly nice

everyone walked up to him all day and said, wow, you are so tall

Im sure he wanted to say something sarcastic or maybe knee them in the head, but held back

Termwean

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2004
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Status
Attending Physician
Jeez......you serious? What a bitch! What did you think about the interview today?

Here's to the incredibly snobby girl I met who told me she didn't apply to any program south of the Mason-Dixon line because of (and I quote) "Bibles." :wow:

RRPiper

10+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Yeah, that's kind of what I thought. She was pretty full of herself. The South is better off with her staying away.

MeBeAnEP

10+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Here's to "active listener" girl, who nodded her head a thousand times whenever one of the faculty would come into the conference room to talk to the group. No way that chick left an interview without some cervical strain. I counted 27 nods and 13 furrowed brows in a 5 minute time period. God bless her little heart.

Well, if it wasn't her, then I met her twin sister. But I owe her my thanks; she kept me entertained through yet another speech by a PD about why his/her program is the bestest ever.

deuist

Stealthfully Sarcastic
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
Florida
Status
Attending Physician
Here's to the girl that had three beers, a Margarita, and a shot of liquor at the resident dinner the night before our interview. And when the invitation said "bring a guest," you decided to bring your female friend from high school to drink alongside you at the residency's expense.

had2piknowEM

10+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2007
Texas
Status
Attending Physician
Here's to the girl that had three beers, a Margarita, and a shot of liquor at the resident dinner the night before our interview. And when the invitation said "bring a guest," you decided to bring your female friend from high school to drink alongside you at the residency's expense.

Funny...I remember hearing this story from you earlier in the week. I think it was at Georgetown if I'm not mistaken.

GoBuckeyes913

Intoxicating
10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2007
Night’s Watch
Status
Attending Physician
Ha, wow that's funny. Did she get sloppy?

EvoDevo

Forging a Different Path
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Jun 5, 2003
Crazy Town
Status
Attending Physician
Tacky. Whiskey-Tango tacky.

deuist

Stealthfully Sarcastic
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
Florida
Status
Attending Physician
That girl was a champ. She did not get sloppy. Instead, she asked the intern where else she could go out to party.

About the Ads