Missed the boat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

free_radical

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi- I recently received UMDNJ's acceptance packet, and it was postmarked October 18. In the packet it says to return all enclosed forms within two weeks. For whatever reason, I will not be putting it into the mailbox until tomorrow, November 12..... Is that majorly taboo, and it can kill your acceptance? Or does that slide? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
i had a scare like that recently. i bet you are not the only one who got it after the deadline. if they don't email you or status update you, they must not hold tight to that 2 week deadline. that would be stupid and mean of them.

Same thing happened to me at a school, I was on the interview circuit/vacation when the letter came (right after I left, of course). I called up the admissions office and they said just send in my response ASAP.

please. medical school acceptances aren't things that are just given out lightly - if you've been accepted, the school obviously wants you bad, and wouldn't rescind it over something as trivial as missing a 2-week deposit deadline.