Missing a Prerequisite to Apply for 2024-2025 Cycle: Can I take an Online Undergraduate Degree ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nouchka25

Reaction score
I have completed my BS in Biology but I am missing Biochemistry and many schools I want to attend require this upper-level course.

I am thinking of taking those online programs as I will do some clinical hours and can't attend in person:

UNE Online : CHEM 1005: MEDICAL BIOCHEMISTRY: Self-Paced
MCPHS Online Cellular Biochemistry (BIO 360E) Self-Paced
UF : BCH 4024/ GMS 5905: INTRODUCTION TO BIOCHEMISTRY & MOLECULAR BIOLOGY : Fall Semester

Which course do you recommend and why ?

I plan to complete the course before May 2025 but will start sending my primary applications in July 2024. How do you enter that course as pending in your AMCAS applications? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Why not take it at a community college or local university in person? Many schools much prefer in-person coursework (COVID notwithstanding)

Reactions: 1 users
Why not take it at a community college or local university in person? Many schools much prefer in-person coursework (COVID notwithstanding)
Some community colleges don't offer Biochemistry and check with your local community college. But agree with @AJS59 on preference for in person course work. Start shooting email to the likely school you'll be targeting which needs Biochemistry. Based on your grades on Molecular Biology, Organic chemistry, Gen Chemistry and your MCAT score in B/B and C/P., admissions might be lenient with your online coursework.

Reactions: 1 users