Mississippi State vs. NC State

Started by Matt_87
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Matt_87

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m lucky enough to be utilizing my GI Bill to pay for vet school, so price isn’t a deciding factor. NC is my IS school however, I like Mississippi States 2+2 curriculum. My goal is to not only graduate vet school, but to also get into a surgical residency (undecided on small vs. large). Looking for current and past students willing to share their opinions on either school. Thanks in advance!
 
One of the vets I work for went to Mississippi State and her son is there now. I asked her what she and her son liked most about Mississippi State and they both said the amount of surgeries you’re exposed to/allowed to do is a lot higher than most schools. Her son is a current 3rd year and said he loves the 2+2 system because of how much hands on work he gets to experience. You’ll still get exposure at NC State, but I definitely like the idea of a 2+2 curriculum. Hope that helps!