Missouri vs Mississippi State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sdcvm2023

Reaction score
I have been accepted to Missouri and Mississippi State and I’m trying to choose! Both are OOS, and I’m still waiting to hear from my in state school. I’m interested in small animal medicine and potentially therio. I appreciate any pros and cons you guys have! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I have been accepted to Missouri and Mississippi State and I’m trying to choose! Both are OOS, and I’m still waiting to hear from my in state school. I’m interested in small animal medicine and potentially therio. I appreciate any pros and cons you guys have! Thanks!
Mizzou grad here.

Overall, I liked how Mizzou was set up. 2 years of clinics and 2 years of classroom was great, and the amount of externships and electives during clinics was fantastic. I am a newbie ER vet that decided not to do an internship outside of school and I think Mizzou prepped me well.

But truly...

Go to the cheapest school you can! Both schools have great opportunities for you if you look, but your future debt load will impact your lifestyle way after the 4 years of vet school dust settles.

Reactions: 1 user
Mississippi State Student here!

Mississippi State and Missouri are set up very similarly as far as the 2 year classroom, 2 year clinics goes with a lot of externship time and really no need for an internship after school.

I agree with above, go with wherever ends up being cheapest for you!