mistake during interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Bascially, my interviewer asked me what awards I have recieved during college. I only have deans list, a scholarship and a community service "volunteer of the year" award. I accidently told her the wrong year (2009 instead of 2008). She was definately taking notes, and on my amcas I have the correct year listed. I'm afraid she is going to think I'm lying or something sketchy is going on when/if she realizes the descripancy. Should I send a note to the admissions office to put in my file, or just leave it along and hope for the best?

Members don't see this ad.

Bascially, my interviewer asked me what awards I have recieved during college. I only have deans list, a scholarship and a community service "volunteer of the year" award. I accidently told her the wrong year (2009 instead of 2008). She was definately taking notes, and on my amcas I have the correct year listed. I'm afraid she is going to think I'm lying or something sketchy is going on when/if she realizes the descripancy. Should I send a note to the admissions office to put in my file, or just leave it along and hope for the best?

Probably just ruined your chances of ever being accepted anywhere.

Clam down. Tiny slip ups happen during stressful interviews. You are allowed to be slightly fallible.

Definition of neurotic.

You are fine, its not like you made up an award..you simply gave her the wrong year. If something like this kept you out of a school, then I dont think you would want to go there anyway. Relax and good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)

Breathe. Interviewers can a smell an uptight pre-med from a mile away (which is much more damning than a forgetful person).

Being off by a year on this is no problem. Few people memorize their entire CV. Don't worry at all about the mistake and take no further action.

... this can't be real.

41516_100001239564274_7887_n.jpg

If I was doing the interview, I would have been like:

lolwut.jpg

Then i would have crumpled up your file and threw it in the trash in front of you.

papertoss-iphone-36563.185x185.1255053385.87211.jpg

Silly neurotic premeds.