Mistake in Letter

Started by DrGiraffe
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DrGiraffe

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I just mailed off a letter of intent and read it over close to five times. However, I somehow made the mistake of writing that I applied in June in one place and May in another (the correct date is June). Do you think that they will think I'm a ***** and that I've possibly ruined my chances at this school?! I'm flipping out that I made such a stupid mistake after reading it through again and again. Am I screwed? Will they even notice?
 
Odds that they'll read the LOI at all --> 25%
Odds that they'll catch the mistake --> 1% of above
Odds that they'll care --> 5% of above
Odds that they'll care enough to change their decision --> 0.01% of above

I think that yields a probability of ~ 1.25 x 10^-6 %

... you'll survive
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks guys. They do read the letters at this school though. They emphasized that at the interview.
 
So I just mailed off a letter of intent and read it over close to five times. However, I somehow made the mistake of writing that I applied in June in one place and May in another (the correct date is June). Do you think that they will think I'm a ***** and that I've possibly ruined my chances at this school?! I'm flipping out that I made such a stupid mistake after reading it through again and again. Am I screwed? Will they even notice?

YOU might be a neurotic premed.