Mistake on Contact Information - AMCAS Experiences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fresc_0

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I was recently reviewing my submitted AMCAS (submitted on June18th) and I noticed that 3 of the experience entries have a weird error where the "Contact Phone" field only shows string of 9s (like 999-999-9999). This did not happen when I was reviewing the printed app before submission, though I did copy and paste each number into the field. For each of the three entries the email address is still correct.

I'm pretty sure I can't withdraw my application at this point and re-submit (correct me if I'm wrong). Is this a big deal? I tried contacting AMCAS services all day and was just told the lines are too busy and ended the call - though from what I can tell there's no way to fix the problem at this point.

Should I submit letters with each of the schools I apply to notifying them of the error on my app and providing them the proper phone numbers? If the school wanted to verify the activity they would still have the email address. I just don't know how it looks to have a string of 9s as the phone number.

If any adcoms come across this questions - what would you think if you saw this?

Appreciate any insights

Members don't see this ad.

Ignore it unless requested. Contacts are not typically used until post-acceptance / pre matriculation

phew.. appreciate the reassurance. About to take my mcat- that’s been cancelled and rescheduled twice.
Here’s hoping no more cancellation in NYC.

I was recently reviewing my submitted AMCAS (submitted on June18th) and I noticed that 3 of the experience entries have a weird error where the "Contact Phone" field only shows string of 9s (like 999-999-9999). This did not happen when I was reviewing the printed app before submission, though I did copy and paste each number into the field. For each of the three entries the email address is still correct.

1) I'm pretty sure I can't withdraw my application at this point and re-submit (correct me if I'm wrong).
2) Is this a big deal?

3) Should I submit letters with each of the schools I apply to notifying them of the error on my app and providing them the proper phone numbers? If the school wanted to verify the activity they would still have the email address.
1) You are correct. You can't withdraw the application and resubmit for this year's cycle.
2) No. Only one form of Contact information is required.
3) Let it go. Do nothing.

Reactions: 1 user