Mistake on Contact Information - AMCAS Experiences

• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

Fresc_0

2+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2018
Hey Everyone,

I was recently reviewing my submitted AMCAS (submitted on June18th) and I noticed that 3 of the experience entries have a weird error where the "Contact Phone" field only shows string of 9s (like 999-999-9999). This did not happen when I was reviewing the printed app before submission, though I did copy and paste each number into the field. For each of the three entries the email address is still correct.

I'm pretty sure I can't withdraw my application at this point and re-submit (correct me if I'm wrong). Is this a big deal? I tried contacting AMCAS services all day and was just told the lines are too busy and ended the call - though from what I can tell there's no way to fix the problem at this point.

Should I submit letters with each of the schools I apply to notifying them of the error on my app and providing them the proper phone numbers? If the school wanted to verify the activity they would still have the email address. I just don't know how it looks to have a string of 9s as the phone number.

If any adcoms come across this questions - what would you think if you saw this?

Appreciate any insights

Fresc_0

2+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2018
Ignore it unless requested. Contacts are not typically used until post-acceptance / pre matriculation

phew.. appreciate the reassurance. About to take my mcat- that’s been cancelled and rescheduled twice.
Here’s hoping no more cancellation in NYC.

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I was recently reviewing my submitted AMCAS (submitted on June18th) and I noticed that 3 of the experience entries have a weird error where the "Contact Phone" field only shows string of 9s (like 999-999-9999). This did not happen when I was reviewing the printed app before submission, though I did copy and paste each number into the field. For each of the three entries the email address is still correct.

1) I'm pretty sure I can't withdraw my application at this point and re-submit (correct me if I'm wrong).
2) Is this a big deal?

3) Should I submit letters with each of the schools I apply to notifying them of the error on my app and providing them the proper phone numbers? If the school wanted to verify the activity they would still have the email address.
1) You are correct. You can't withdraw the application and resubmit for this year's cycle.
2) No. Only one form of Contact information is required.
3) Let it go. Do nothing.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.