Mistake on ERAS - aProgDirector thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sharita

Sharita
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking over my submitted application this evening, and I noticed a glaring error. In the "Experiences" section, I forgot to include that I was president of my first year class in medical school and am now president of the entire student body in the medical school. While I included many other leadership positions, these two are particularly important to me. What do you suggest I do? Fortunately, I have not submitted my personal statement yet so there is the option of including the information there. The Dean of Student Affairs also has mentioned these two positions in my MSPE. I am incredibly distraught because of this oversight. Any advice/guidance on how to rectify this would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I was looking over my submitted application this evening, and I noticed a glaring error. In the "Experiences" section, I forgot to include that I was president of my first year class in medical school and am now president of the entire student body in the medical school. While I included many other leadership positions, these two are particularly important to me. What do you suggest I do? Fortunately, I have not submitted my personal statement yet so there is the option of including the information there. The Dean of Student Affairs also has mentioned these two positions in my MSPE. I am incredibly distraught because of this oversight. Any advice/guidance on how to rectify this would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

It will be in your MSPE, and as you mention you can put it in your PS. You are worried about nothing, this will not hurt your application.

It will be in your MSPE, and as you mention you can put it in your PS. You are worried about nothing, this will not hurt your application.

I am applying for orthopedic surgery. Is it true that those guys don't even care about extracurriculars, work experience, etc.?

I am applying for orthopedic surgery. Is it true that those guys don't even care about extracurriculars, work experience, etc.?

They might care about how much you can bench press or what power tools you own. See the thread about the 12 specialties about this!

Honestly, I don't really know. I'm an IM program director. My guess is that EC's don't matter much.

Honestly, I don't really know. I'm an IM program director.

Then just consult the people who do know, and work on dispo issues. That's what you do all day anyway, right?

:D

Tired
Ortho PGY-1