Mitosis question(many question)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joonkimdds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I must be asking too much but I really need help so i would appreciate it if someone could help me.

I know about S phase in interphase. Cell replicate during this phase, but I don't know what really happens in G1 and G2 phase.

what are the roles of Cdk(cyclin dependent kinases), Cyclin and MPF during the mitosis?

I know that there are 3 check points at G1, G2 and M. G1 prevents the cell from going to S phase so that it can stop the cell from undergoing the cell reproduction. But I don't know what G2 and M1 checkpoints do.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I think the G2 checkpoint makes sure no errors occurred with the replication. Problems with the G2 and M checkpoints are implicated in mutagenesis and cancer. (or so that's what I think, from what I remember) Anyway, I really don't think you're going to have to know any more detail for the DAT. As long as you know the order of the phases of mitosis, and when and why each checkpoint occurs, you're good. The molecular mechanism behind the checkpoints are interesting, but extraneous.