Mixing Business, Pleasure, and Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SpirivaSunrise

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Want to marry a doctor? Survey shows most do

Makes me wonder, do many of you have significant others that are also pharmacists/pharmacy students? Or are you usually also attracted to other health professionals? Maybe you prefer to meet someone who does nothing remotely close to what we do?

I've noticed amongst my friends and co-workers, that there are many pharmacist^2 couples...but the funny thing is, quite a few of them were together before even attending pharmacy school. It seems that a lot of us in pharmacy are comfortable with people that are similar to us (as opposed to the "opposites attract" theory).

Just curious to hear your observations!

We already know Mikey and Mrs. WVU are a pharmacist power couple! ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Well im not a pharmacist or pharm student. I have recently started dating a nice girl who is heading down the pre-med route. We met in a writing class, due to our teacher pairing us off due to similar interests. I am with her because she is going through similar things as well as have similar interests. This was in contrast to my last ex. whom could care less about what my interests and goals were. I believe there is so many relationships between healthcare workers because they share so much in common, as well as know what each other are going through.

Last edited:
Want to marry a doctor? Survey shows most do

Makes me wonder, do many of you have significant others that are also pharmacists/pharmacy students? Or are you usually also attracted to other health professionals? Maybe you prefer to meet someone who does nothing remotely close to what we do?

I've noticed amongst my friends and co-workers, that there are many pharmacist^2 couples...but the funny thing is, quite a few of them were together before even attending pharmacy school. It seems that a lot of us in pharmacy are comfortable with people that are similar to us (as opposed to the "opposites attract" theory).

Just curious to hear your observations!

We already know Mikey and Mrs. WVU are a pharmacist power couple! ;)

Uh oh u must be starting an office romance!

Members don't see this ad :)
I married a Dutch nurse. I'd be in to her if she wasn't a health professional though. Dutch anything is still hot :D!

I married a Dutch nurse. I'd be in to her if she wasn't a health professional though. Dutch anything is still hot :D!
Ive had many stages of what type of girl i have been into. Have not been into Dutch. So i guess that might be my next stage:D.

Boyfriend is a couple years behind me in pharmacy school. We were friends long before that but didn't end up dating until he was prepharm. Its bad because I'm constantly telling him what stuff he'll never see again.

I wanna marry an entertainer. Maybe a comedian, singer, or athlete. I need my fancies tickled. A comedian would probably be best. Give me something to snort my milk over, dang it!

Does she look like the St. Pauli girl? Always carrying around giant overflowing beer mugs.

My boyfriend and I have plans of getting engaged in 2009 and we are currently purchasing a home/foreclosure/short sale before I start P1 that we plan on flipping (the mortgage and insurance is going to cost less than it would for rent and/or grad housing in S. FL, but I digress, I'm just excited). He's a complete opposite but I'm so attracted to that. He's in the a/c business and brings home decent $. That's not the concern though.. It's just so nice to have someone who knows how to fix up everything around the house with the drive and motive to do so. And if he doesn't know how to do something, he has so many different people he has networked with. But it's definitely a health balance to our relationship being in different fields. The only problem is trying to explain healthcare problems from work to him.. but that just helps us to leave work at work :)

My husband is also very handy and can literally fix ANY problem around the house. He's really smart about all that and we're pretty much complete opposites. We've been together for 10 years so we were just teenagers when we met...and I will admit that a sciencey, smart guy is very attractive; however, I think in a lot of ways having an opposite as a husband is good for me and will be good for our kids one day too. I mean who really needs TWO people around the house with all the same knowledge when you can have completely different types of smarts and CONQUER THE WORLD. :laugh:

My husband is also very handy and can literally fix ANY problem around the house. He's really smart about all that and we're pretty much complete opposites. We've been together for 10 years so we were just teenagers when we met...and I will admit that a sciencey, smart guy is very attractive; however, I think in a lot of ways having an opposite as a husband is good for me and will be good for our kids one day too. I mean who really needs TWO people around the house with all the same knowledge when you can have completely different types of smarts and CONQUER THE WORLD. :laugh:

This post changes my mind. I will not marry another pharmacist since I am going to be one anyway. I will marry a girl who can massage me when I am tired, who can cook well, and say sweet things in my ear when I need some.:smuggrin: