Mizzou c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amwildlife

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
2nd cycle. 1st time applicant. OOS.

Members don't see this ad.

Getting ready to submit in a few days! Also OOS 1st time applicant, 1st cycle

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS 1st-time non-trad here as well!

OOS, 1st time applicant, 2nd cycle. Good luck everyone!

OOS second application cycle, first time applying to Mizzou. Good luck everyone!

OOS 1st time applicant, good luck guys!!

OOS, 1st time applying! Already can't get interview invites off my mind even though we have months to go!

Good luck to all! I didn't do vet school here but am a resident/Ph.D. student at Mizzou and can help with questions regarding the area, teaching hospital and other miscellaneous things that don't involve the curriculum or admissions. ;)

Reactions: 1 user
And to pair with the above, if you want a students perspective and/or have questions regarding curriculum, admissions, or any other pertinent questions, feel free to ask here or shoot me a pm.

OOS, 1st time applying to Mizzou, 2nd cycle!! Good luck guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how Mizzou communicates with us? Is there a portal or will they email us, if there is a portal what is the address?

Does anyone know how Mizzou communicates with us? Is there a portal or will they email us, if there is a portal what is the address?

Curious about this too! I tried looking it up and finding any info on their website but no luck

When I applied 2 years ago they emailed me when I was offered an interview and then again with my acceptance. If I remember right the email just links to the portal when you get interview offers etc. Otherwise you wont hear from them until then.

When I applied 2 years ago they emailed me when I was offered an interview and then again with my acceptance. If I remember right the email just links to the portal when you get interview offers etc. Otherwise you wont hear from them until then.
To add onto this, I'll caution any ISers reading the thread that you will not hear anything until February at the earliest, as mid-February to mid-March is when IS interviews are held. It's a couple months behind the OOS timeline.

Reactions: 1 users
To add onto this, I'll caution any ISers reading the thread that you will not hear anything until February at the earliest, as mid-February to mid-March is when IS interviews are held. It's a couple months behind the OOS timeline.

Oh, that's interesting, so they do the IS cycle after the OOS? I had assumed they would fill IS seats first & then give whatever OOS spots are leftover in case they fill more IS seats than anticipated.

Oh, that's interesting, so they do the IS cycle after the OOS? I had assumed they would fill IS seats first & then give whatever OOS spots are leftover in case they fill more IS seats than anticipated.

It is 60 spots allocated for each, so it’s not a matter of leftover seats. The reason they do it one after another rather than concurrently is simply due to the amount of staff we have dedicated to admissions (which while absolutely amazing and super efficient/effective, is still a small number of people).

Yep, they always do IS several months after OOS. I think when I applied this was the general timeline:

-OOS interview invites end of November
-OOS interviews first ~2 weeks of January
-OOS acceptances first of February
-IS interview invites mid feb/march
-IS interviews March
-IS acceptances late March/ early April

Anyone think us OOS applicants might hear back on Monday? :nailbiting:

Anyone know how many people they interview for OOS? I feel like it must be a decent amount considering they have 5 OOS interview dates

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Anyone know how many people they interview for OOS? I feel like it must be a decent amount considering they have 5 OOS interview dates

I'm not sure how many they interview OOS, but keep in mind group sizes. There were only 18 of us at my Midwestern interview.

Last year they have 891 applicants for 60 spots. Not sure how many they interviewed

It has been wayyyy long ago so please take this only as a broad estimation but the year I applied there was ~250 interview invites sent for OOS. and there were ~200 OOS interviews. They then tend to accept ~120 or so OOS people right off the bat, and that is not considering people they take off of the waitlist later on.

Starting to think maybe we'll hear next Monday? In past years they sent out OOS invites the third Monday of the month, but that also happened to be the Monday before Thanksgiving which is next week this year.

Starting to think maybe we'll hear next Monday? In past years they sent out OOS invites the third Monday of the month, but that also happened to be the Monday before Thanksgiving which is next week this year.
Hmm, I noticed that as well. I am trying not to focus too much on invites until the end of November, but it is really stressful lol!

However, I did notice that their website says that we will be notified by "mid-November".

Maybe it is outdated?

However, I did notice that their website says that we will be notified by "mid-November".

Maybe it is outdated?

They are moving through applications as fast as possible. Would expect the goal would be by next Monday, but remember that is a goal.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

At least we have this space to let each other know if there are news or not!
As long as we all don't hear anything, it's a good sign?

Reactions: 3 users
Someone posted on the APVMA page that we may hear as late as next Wednesday

Just received an OOS interview invitation! I'll be interviewing Jan 4th at 10:15am!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
....I should probably not be sitting here frantically refreshing my e-mail & SDN for updates, right? Not particularly healthy? :playful:

....I should probably not be sitting here frantically refreshing my e-mail & SDN for updates, right? Not particularly healthy? :playful:
Same, I feel like everyone always rushes over here after invites are sent. It's too quiet :laugh:

I also just received an interview invite OOS! There was 5 different days to choose from in the beginning of January!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
OOS interview invite!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I feel like they were all already sent out by this point. I feel in the past they have sent invites in a mass e-mail :(

I feel like they were all already sent out by this point. I feel in the past they have sent invites in a mass e-mail :(
Until I have a rejection in my hands I’m going to be positive

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Until I have a rejection in my hands I’m going to be positive
Same! I stand a very low chance of getting in anywhere, I'm going to hang on as tight as I can!

Hey guys, I just heard from someone at Mizzou that they send interview invites in batches over a couple of days until all of them have been sent out. So don't freak out just yet, there's hope!

Reactions: 8 users