Getting ready to submit in a few days! Also OOS 1st time applicant, 1st cycle

About the Ads

RahyneDays

KSU C/O 2024
Aug 7, 2018
Shawnee, Kansas
Status
Pre-Veterinary
OOS, 1st time applicant, 2nd cycle. Good luck everyone!

hachandl

Mizzou c/o 2024!
2+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2018
Status
Pre-Veterinary
OOS, 1st time applying! Already can't get interview invites off my mind even though we have months to go!

nyanko

total trash mammal
10+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2006
CoMo
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Good luck to all! I didn't do vet school here but am a resident/Ph.D. student at Mizzou and can help with questions regarding the area, teaching hospital and other miscellaneous things that don't involve the curriculum or admissions. ;)

Reactions: RahyneDays

Navilly

Aspirations with Title Forthcoming
Gold Donor
Mar 29, 2019
And to pair with the above, if you want a students perspective and/or have questions regarding curriculum, admissions, or any other pertinent questions, feel free to ask here or shoot me a pm.

Reactions: RahyneDays
About the Ads
Apr 21, 2019
Does anyone know how Mizzou communicates with us? Is there a portal or will they email us, if there is a portal what is the address?

Reactions: Rayprevet

Rayprevet

Hopeful c/o 2024
May 24, 2019
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Does anyone know how Mizzou communicates with us? Is there a portal or will they email us, if there is a portal what is the address?
Curious about this too! I tried looking it up and finding any info on their website but no luck

MixedAnimals77

Trash Panda C/O 2022
2+ Year Member
May 16, 2016
with the livestock
Status
Veterinary Student
When I applied 2 years ago they emailed me when I was offered an interview and then again with my acceptance. If I remember right the email just links to the portal when you get interview offers etc. Otherwise you wont hear from them until then.

Reactions: Elkhart

Elkhart

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2015
Missouri
Status
Non-Student
When I applied 2 years ago they emailed me when I was offered an interview and then again with my acceptance. If I remember right the email just links to the portal when you get interview offers etc. Otherwise you wont hear from them until then.
To add onto this, I'll caution any ISers reading the thread that you will not hear anything until February at the earliest, as mid-February to mid-March is when IS interviews are held. It's a couple months behind the OOS timeline.

Reactions: MixedAnimals77

EB73674

2+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2017
To add onto this, I'll caution any ISers reading the thread that you will not hear anything until February at the earliest, as mid-February to mid-March is when IS interviews are held. It's a couple months behind the OOS timeline.
Oh, that's interesting, so they do the IS cycle after the OOS? I had assumed they would fill IS seats first & then give whatever OOS spots are leftover in case they fill more IS seats than anticipated.

Navilly

Gold Donor
Mar 29, 2019
Oh, that's interesting, so they do the IS cycle after the OOS? I had assumed they would fill IS seats first & then give whatever OOS spots are leftover in case they fill more IS seats than anticipated.
It is 60 spots allocated for each, so it’s not a matter of leftover seats. The reason they do it one after another rather than concurrently is simply due to the amount of staff we have dedicated to admissions (which while absolutely amazing and super efficient/effective, is still a small number of people).

Reactions: EB73674

Ashgirl

Pokemon Academy c/o 2018!
5+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2013
The ER. Always.
Status
Veterinarian
Yep, they always do IS several months after OOS. I think when I applied this was the general timeline:

-OOS interview invites end of November
-OOS interviews first ~2 weeks of January
-OOS acceptances first of February
-IS interview invites mid feb/march
-IS interviews March
-IS acceptances late March/ early April

Jul 24, 2019
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Anyone know how many people they interview for OOS? I feel like it must be a decent amount considering they have 5 OOS interview dates

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

About the Ads
Feb 8, 2019
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Anyone know how many people they interview for OOS? I feel like it must be a decent amount considering they have 5 OOS interview dates

I'm not sure how many they interview OOS, but keep in mind group sizes. There were only 18 of us at my Midwestern interview.

Jul 23, 2019
Status
Pre-Veterinary

Last year they have 891 applicants for 60 spots. Not sure how many they interviewed

Ashgirl

Pokemon Academy c/o 2018!
5+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2013
The ER. Always.
Status
Veterinarian

It has been wayyyy long ago so please take this only as a broad estimation but the year I applied there was ~250 interview invites sent for OOS. and there were ~200 OOS interviews. They then tend to accept ~120 or so OOS people right off the bat, and that is not considering people they take off of the waitlist later on.

nontradstdnt

CSU c/o 2024!
2+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2016
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Starting to think maybe we'll hear next Monday? In past years they sent out OOS invites the third Monday of the month, but that also happened to be the Monday before Thanksgiving which is next week this year.

Reactions: sharkgirl177
Jul 3, 2018
Starting to think maybe we'll hear next Monday? In past years they sent out OOS invites the third Monday of the month, but that also happened to be the Monday before Thanksgiving which is next week this year.
Hmm, I noticed that as well. I am trying not to focus too much on invites until the end of November, but it is really stressful lol!

Navilly

Gold Donor
Mar 29, 2019
Nov 13, 2019
Status
Pre-Veterinary
At least we have this space to let each other know if there are news or not!
As long as we all don't hear anything, it's a good sign?

About the Ads

EB73674

2+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2017
....I should probably not be sitting here frantically refreshing my e-mail & SDN for updates, right? Not particularly healthy? :playful:

Reactions: Panda84
About the Ads