Mizzou c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also got this email! I am a Missouri resident and have my permanent address in Missouri, but I put my mailing address for my university in Nashville. I think if you have anything on your app that isn't a Missouri address, they send you that email. When I have emailed them before about other things, they have been beyond nice. If you have any problems, I am sure they will work with you!

Omg thank you for this I was freaking out cause no one else had received one! This makes me a lot less stressed about it for sure

Members don't see this ad.

There is a small subsection of people who are pretty much held in limbo. They wait until they have all of the interview slots filled normally before sending out all final rejections. There are likely going to be a few spots that don’t get filled for interviews, and they will pull people from the “haven’t heard anything” group for those.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Still haven't heard anything from admissions...any idea when final notifications go out for that small group of people?

EDIT: Went ahead and contacted admissions...OOS rejected.

Last edited:
I know you already got a reply, but I am also a first year at Mizzou. The interview is basically just for them to ask any questions they had about your application, allow you to ask questions, and match a face to the application. It is super laid back and everyone is beyond helpful.
hi! I'm currently preparing for my interview. Can I ask you if they asked any general interview questions, or were they all specific towards your VMCAS/supplemental application?

Members don't see this ad :)
hi! I'm currently preparing for my interview. Can I ask you if they asked any general interview questions, or were they all specific towards your VMCAS/supplemental application?

If I remember right, my interview was all general questions about my application. For example, I really have an interest in lab animals so they asked a ton of questions about why I was interested and what my research history was. Their biggest goal is to just get to know you and make sure that the relationship will be good for both you and them. They want to know that they are picking someone who actually wants to go to Mizzou, not just someone who threw an application in just for the heck of it (if that makes sense). I highly recommend having a few questions lined up that you may want to ask because they give you time to ask questions at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
Hope everyone who interviewed this past weekend rocked it! I meant to post this earlier to wish everyone luck but I forgot lol. Looking forward to meeting some of you next weekend! Let’s kick some interview ass!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
So there is a winter storm passing over Columbia the day I arrive. o.o Advice for staying warm? Any suggestions for coats?

So there is a winter storm passing over Columbia the day I arrive. o.o Advice for staying warm? Any suggestions for coats?

Layers, layers, layers. Especially if you’re coming from a state that doesn’t sell really heavy coats. Also don’t risk your life to travel. If roads are really bad, call and get something worked out. We don’t want people crashing to get to an interview.

Layers, layers, layers. Especially if you’re coming from a state that doesn’t sell really heavy coats. Also don’t risk your life to travel. If roads are really bad, call and get something worked out. We don’t want people crashing to get to an interview.

Thank you! I'm from Texas, so I'm really clueless lol. :oops: I'm scared of driving in icy conditions. Do you happen to know if Uber exists in Columbia or would I have to rent a car/taxi?

Thank you! I'm from Texas, so I'm really clueless lol. :oops: I'm scared of driving in icy conditions. Do you happen to know if Uber exists in Columbia or would I have to rent a car/taxi?

We do have Uber and Lyft in Columbia.

Reactions: 1 user
Just scheduled my In state interview for March 1 at 11:30 am! Looking forward to meeting those of you who are interviewing the same day:)

Just a heads up, Kathy said that OOS should hear decisions by February 1st.

Members don't see this ad :)
In past years it was an email notification! Based on previous threads I’ve stalked

Do they send via email? Good luck everyone! The Mizzou environment was very friendly imo
I was pleasantly surprised by the inclusive, friendly environment as well! Mizzou has been one of my top choices for a while now due to cost, but my visit to the uni for the interview hyped me up tbh. :oops:

Agreed! It seemed like a very supportive environment. I felt like I could definitely be happy there.

Omg thank you for this I was freaking out cause no one else had received one! This makes me a lot less stressed about it for sure
Thought I should give an update. Today I received the same email again even though I submitted the information back in December. I called to confirm they had my info. They did, it just hadn't been processed yet. So if you get the "MO Residency Verification Needed " email again, just call the residency office (573-882-7881)

Thought I should give an update. Today I received the same email again even though I submitted the information back in December. I called to confirm they had my info. They did, it just hadn't been processed yet. So if you get the "MO Residency Verification Needed " email again, just call the residency office (573-882-7881)

Thank you I actually called them right after I got the email!! I’m waiting for my voter ID card should get it today so I haven’t sent in my stuff yet but I called to let them know I will be sending in everything this week! I figured they emailed me because I haven’t given them anything yet but good to know they just mass emailed everyone again lol

Also I’m curious how long it takes for them to process our info, I called today to confirm they received my email and documents but the email says the Vet School needs final determination by Feb 1... if they wait till last minute and there’s an issue I’ll have to scramble

Did anyone who had to sent fall transcripts get any sort of notification from Mizzou that they arrived?

Did anyone who had to sent fall transcripts get any sort of notification from Mizzou that they arrived?
I sent mine in on December 31st, and did not get word. I guess they aren't doing verifications

I don't have super high hopes that it's today since previous years have found out around 30th-1st ):

Yeah I have a feeling it's going to be later in the week as well. :oops: The admissions committee mentioned during lunchtime on the last day of scheduled interviews that there was an applicant stuck in another state due to the weather.

Got my email about 15 minutes ago confirming my Missouri residency! Just wanted to update :)

OOS ACCEPTANCE IM SOBBING

Reactions: 5 users
OOS ACCEPTED!!! I literally cannot believe it. :oops: :cat:

Reactions: 5 users
OOS acceptance!!! Basically crying in the break room right now lol.

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats everyone!!! ❤️

• Love
Congrats everyone! If anyone has any questions regarding Mizzou, feel free to ask them here or send me a DM!

• Love
Congrats everyone! Enjoy the freedom while you still have it haha. Seriously though, if you have any questions, don’t be afraid to ask!

• Love
Can married students stay in student housing/graduate housing?
You can in fact live in graduate housing with a spouse, but I will say that the vast majority if not whole classes tend to live on off campus houses. Typically, rent is anywhere from mid 200s to 500s depending on the quality of the house/duplex. Since you are married, if you wanted to buy a house (what I did), they are super inexpensive. You can get a decent 1500 sqft house for under 80-90k (corresponds to mortgage with insurance and taxes at close to 500-600/month. I know that's not quite the answer you were looking for, as I am less familiar with pricing for on-campus housing, but I will say that I would expect it to be more expensive than what most vet students elect to do, and may be more expensive than buying.

OOS alternate! Keeping the faith! What are the chances of being pulled off the waitlist? Do all out of state applicants who interviewed receive alternate spots?

OOS alternate! Keeping the faith! What are the chances of being pulled off the waitlist? Do all out of state applicants who interviewed receive alternate spots?

They do not all receive alternate spots and it varies from year to year, but the waitlist is always dipped into.

i was OOS accepted but will be declining so keep up hope if you are on the waitlist!

Anyone know how in state interviews typically are and general numbers of interviews / acceptances?

Anyone know how in state interviews typically are and general numbers of interviews / acceptances?

100ish interviews (sometimes less than 100), 60 acceptances. Usually only a couple to few (3 or less) people decline their IS seats

100ish interviews (sometimes less than 100), 60 acceptances. Usually only a couple to few (3 or less) people decline their IS seats

I like those odds!

Do you know if Mizzou requires or recommends a specific laptop? I will be purchasing my first laptop (a 2-in-1 hybrid). I'm leaning towards the Lenovo brand because several vets I work with highly recommended it.
The only info I could find was via this link: Computers for the College of Veterinary Medicine

For those current OOS students, how was your timeline transitioning to Columbia, i.e., when did you move into your apartment, did you bring a car, etc.? I'm all the way from CA, so moving to MO is pretty different

Do you know if Mizzou requires or recommends a specific laptop? I will be purchasing my first laptop (a 2-in-1 hybrid). I'm leaning towards the Lenovo brand because several vets I work with highly recommended it.
The only info I could find was via this link: Computers for the College of Veterinary Medicine

There isn’t a specific laptop you have to buy, it just has to meet the minimum computer requirements list that they give you in your acceptance form Dropbox. It seems pretty split between Mac and Windows in my class, but the biggest advice is to get something you can write on if possible. It’s beyond convenient to be able to write notes in class since basically every teacher uploads their PowerPoint lecture before class so we can look at it while they lecture.