MLP Lawsuit Settled.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RustedFox

The mouse police never sleeps.
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A lot of you know that I was named in a suit that involved a patient that was seen by an MLP, then then MLP discussed the care with the next physician (after shift change), and the chart came to me to sign after the patient returned in extremis.

All I could do was "sign the chart"; and all of a sudden - I needed to "defend the chart", which was hard to do when the chart sucks.

Got word from my attorney a day or so back that the case settled for a small sum, with no money being paid of my behalf.

Byeeee.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
Congrats!

Reactions: 1 user
It's always great to win these. It's an even better feeling to know that some dirtbag attorney has wasted valuable time and money for nothing.

In my own case, he got nothing and probably put up $10-20K in costs.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
congrats man. You'd better be celebrating!

A lot of you know that I was named in a suit that involved a patient that was seen by an MLP, then then MLP discussed the care with the next physician (after shift change), and the chart came to me to sign after the patient returned in extremis.

All I could do was "sign the chart"; and all of a sudden - I needed to "defend the chart", which was hard to do when the chart sucks.

Got word from my attorney a day or so back that the case settled for a small sum, with no money being paid of my behalf.

Byeeee.
CONGRATS! I know how it feels to get that first summons and how great it feels to be told it's over. Congrats again!

CONGRATS! I know how it feels to get that first summons and how great it feels to be told it's over. Congrats again!

Second suit.
The first one was the "jackpot lawsuit" that I still haven't written about, but didn't pay a penny for.

Still. Being deposed over a chart you only could sign for a patient that you couldn't have seen/made decisions about was infuriating.

Reactions: 4 users