MLP Lawsuit Settled.

RustedFox

The mouse police never sleeps.
10+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2007
On a box.
  1. Attending Physician
A lot of you know that I was named in a suit that involved a patient that was seen by an MLP, then then MLP discussed the care with the next physician (after shift change), and the chart came to me to sign after the patient returned in extremis.

All I could do was "sign the chart"; and all of a sudden - I needed to "defend the chart", which was hard to do when the chart sucks.

Got word from my attorney a day or so back that the case settled for a small sum, with no money being paid of my behalf.

Byeeee.

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
About the Ads

Birdstrike

10+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2010
A lot of you know that I was named in a suit that involved a patient that was seen by an MLP, then then MLP discussed the care with the next physician (after shift change), and the chart came to me to sign after the patient returned in extremis.

All I could do was "sign the chart"; and all of a sudden - I needed to "defend the chart", which was hard to do when the chart sucks.

Got word from my attorney a day or so back that the case settled for a small sum, with no money being paid of my behalf.

Byeeee.
CONGRATS! I know how it feels to get that first summons and how great it feels to be told it's over. Congrats again!

Reactions: 1 user

RustedFox

The mouse police never sleeps.
10+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2007
On a box.
  1. Attending Physician
CONGRATS! I know how it feels to get that first summons and how great it feels to be told it's over. Congrats again!

Second suit.
The first one was the "jackpot lawsuit" that I still haven't written about, but didn't pay a penny for.

Still. Being deposed over a chart you only could sign for a patient that you couldn't have seen/made decisions about was infuriating.

Reactions: 4 users
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.