Mar 16, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Is anyone elses Bracket completely ruined?!

Thanks a bunch Georgetown!

amakhosidlo

Accepted
10+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Not that this is the place, but you were an idiot if you thought the Hoyas were going anywhere. Like the 'devils, they ride their program's rep every year.

Kansas, Kentucky, Pitt, Villanova if Reynolds ever decides to show up.

Callin' it.

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
Academic Administration
Villanova hung on by their fingernails.

With Texas, G'town and ND (plus UNLV, Vandy, Richmond, & Marquette) out, there are plenty of brackets that are kaput. Fasten your seatbelts and get ready for a wild ride.

My money (metaphorically speaking) is on Duke.

Last edited:

surftheiop

10+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2008
Status
I don't care who wins the whole thing, I just need Cornell to win a game for me!

JJMrK

J to the J
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Villanova hung on by their fingernails.

With Texas, G'town and ND (plus UNLV, Vandy, Richmond, & Marquette) out, there are plenty of brackets that are kaput. Fasten your seatbelts and get ready for a wild ride.

My money (metaphorically speaking) is on Duke.
Hopefully not many people had these winning more than 1 or so game.

Georgetown messed up some people who had them beating Ohio State, and Villanova would have really messed up people who have them beating Baylor and Duke.

marele86

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I decided to be risky and call some major upsets this year. Unfortunately, most of them haven't been the ones that would've helped me out (Really, Georgetown? Really?).

If Siena hangs on to the sweet 16, though, my bracket will be back on. :D

Hopefully someone will remind Baylor that this is a single-elimination tournament. I have them going all the way.

metallica81788

Keeper of the Llamaworm
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
All of my Sweet 16 teams are still alive.

Out of the ones that should be close (barring any major upsets), I just need Xavier, Cornell, and Siean to win today.

surftheiop

10+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2008
Status
All of my Sweet 16 teams are still alive.

Out of the ones that should be close (barring any major upsets), I just need Xavier, Cornell, and Siean to win today.
We are looking pretty good so far! Up by 8 and we haven't really even been shooting the 3 well

PinkIvy08

Lady Boss
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 23, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
D-U-K-E...if you don't know the rest of the cheer, then you went to the wrong school! lol

No, but seriously, we're at least getting to the Final 4!

and yes, Georgetown gets a FAIL of the Year Award for screwing up ~80% of people's brackets

He2

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2007
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Anyone who picked Gtown clearly has never studied the long history of stiff big men who cave under pressure that JT jr loves. Greg Monroe? Roy Hibbert? Please. Give me Stephan curry any day

cliffhuxtableDO

Hand sanitizer on deck
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2008
Status
Medical Student
'Nova is choking very nicely.

brooklynblunder

ACFAS Member
Aug 3, 2009
Status
MD/PhD Student
Anyone who picked Gtown clearly has never studied the long history of stiff big men who cave under pressure that JT jr loves. Greg Monroe? Roy Hibbert? Please. Give me Stephan curry any day
never understood how the bigger ncaa teams had harder time defending the undersized ones

He2

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2007
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I think people underestimate the affect hustle/heart can have on a basketball game

Those big stiffs have 0 of that ability. JT jr just loves it b/c thats the system they use, but man they need to find a big man with a pulse

He2

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2007
Status
Fellow [Any Field]

cliffhuxtableDO

Hand sanitizer on deck
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2008
Status
Medical Student

brooklynblunder

ACFAS Member
Aug 3, 2009
Status
MD/PhD Student
nah homie, vandy is out (sick buzzer beater), idk if they were in the duke bracket, you probably mean someone else. they are playing cal next and i think they will have troubles against jerome randle, but we shall see. duke does have a good team, i like a&m too but i think i have baylor in that region to the final4

cliffhuxtableDO

Hand sanitizer on deck
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Yeah I meant Purdue, got my black and gold mixed up. duke shouldn't struggle much with cal. i didn't get to watch baylor this season so i'm not sure how i feel about their squad. i've got duke through to the final four in that region.

cliffhuxtableDO

Hand sanitizer on deck
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2008
Status
Medical Student

cliffhuxtableDO

Hand sanitizer on deck
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2008
Status
Medical Student
i like the chances to beat kentucky more than i do west va. duke could control pace against kentucky and grind it out with experience and defense, but i feel like west va matches up with duke no matter what the style of play is.

cliffhuxtableDO

Hand sanitizer on deck
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2008
Status
Medical Student

STLINI

10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2009
Status
Medical Student
ncaa basically handed duke a free run to the final four

I still don't think they're going to make it. I really wasn't impressed with them all that much this year. I feel like they rode their reputation(which in my opinion is diminishing) right through a weak ACC. If they'd gotten the Kansas bracket they wouldn't have a had a prayer.

cliffhuxtableDO

Hand sanitizer on deck
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2008
Status
Medical Student
thats a load of crap. duke's team is actually a legit final four contender this year, for the first time since '06. the acc was down this year, but so was all of college basketball

cliffhuxtableDO

Hand sanitizer on deck
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2008
Status
Medical Student

brooklynblunder

ACFAS Member
Aug 3, 2009
Status
MD/PhD Student
i'm a duke hater so i would say that they would have lost as a #2 seed in the first round. but they do have the best team since the jay williams/duhon/boozer/dunleavy/jones/battier team

STLINI

10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2009
Status
Medical Student
thats a load of crap. duke's team is actually a legit final four contender this year, for the first time since '06. the acc was down this year, but so was all of college basketball

Yep, that's what ESPN says. We'll see... I look through their schedule and don't see a single impressive win. They beat Clemson twice, but Clemson is terrible. They lose to Georgetown, who just got exposed. In fact, the entire Big East is getting exposed. I don't know, I don't see it.

cliffhuxtableDO

Hand sanitizer on deck
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2008
Status
Medical Student
saint mary's is about to blow this though. scottie reynolds is going to put on his mighty mouse cape and steal this win back. samhan is hooping, but hes taking about 4 steps each time he makes a move

cliffhuxtableDO

Hand sanitizer on deck
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2008
Status
Medical Student
if it was me coaching i would face guard reynolds the rest of the game and keep the ball out of his hands

cliffhuxtableDO

Hand sanitizer on deck
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2008
Status
Medical Student
what makes you say that, i'm trying to understand your connection between shot clock and fouls

brooklynblunder

ACFAS Member
Aug 3, 2009
Status
MD/PhD Student
i'm saying that the nba has become 60% about pump faking and running into someone's body (paul pierce's entire career and dwyane's championship year). if they had enough time they would try to get someone to jump 30 times to draw that foul.

you almost never see that move done in college. especially at the end of games, some teams just can't even get a shot off in time

this is a great game btw

cliffhuxtableDO

Hand sanitizer on deck
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2008
Status
Medical Student
i gotcha. i agree. dwayne wade's championship was a gift from david stern. if dallas looked at him wrong he was on the free throw line. dirk should investigate a conspiracy

CarlATHF

o hai
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2007
Deep South
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Well it's not like Reynolds has been much of a factor this game. Even though he sometimes comes out at the end of games, he's just been invisible this entire matchup.

cliffhuxtableDO

Hand sanitizer on deck
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2008
Status
Medical Student
i wouldn't sleep on reynolds even if he was on crutches. he gets hot, quick.

cliffhuxtableDO

Hand sanitizer on deck
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2008
Status
Medical Student
i still don't understand what happened to them. they're starters were all legit. ha saint mary's!