mmayer re your post about 10/15 interview at PCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roger2004

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score

Read your 9/29 (I think) post about your interview at PCOM. When did you get the invitation to interview, and if you don't mind what were your stats like? PCOM is one of my top choices and I thought my stats and bio looked good for that school - even applied early- but haven't heard a work.
Thanks - I'm still hopeful but would appreciate the info Good luck on 10/15

------------------

rog

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I called the admissions office, and they told me that I had a very early interview. They did not tell me why they chose me for an interview, but I think it had to do with my personal statement. I put alot of hard work into that statement, and I think it payed off. My stats are 3.77 GPA, 29R MCAT. I also have a graduate degree, and I am 27 years old. Like I said in my first post, there are about 5000 applications for 250 spots, so it is very competetive. Keep your fingers crossed, and it shouldn't be that much longer until you hear something.

------------------
Mike

Yes, that would explain it. Great GPA, great MCAT, and a graduate degree. It sounds like you should have a VERY STRONG chance to be offered a seat. Is PCOM your first choice? Where else are you interested in attending? Thanks for the info. I'm just finishing up my last year of undergraduate and have a very solid GPA but only so so MCAT, 24. Pretty good work and volunteer experience including working for a DO who is an alumnus of PCOM but who knows - Thanks for the info and GOOD LUCK

------------------

rog