SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

mmayer re your post about 10/15 interview at PCOM

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by roger2004, Oct 1, 1999.

1. roger2004

roger2004 Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Sep 15, 1999
    New Jersey

Read your 9/29 (I think) post about your interview at PCOM. When did you get the invitation to interview, and if you don't mind what were your stats like? PCOM is one of my top choices and I thought my stats and bio looked good for that school - even applied early- but haven't heard a work.
    Thanks - I'm still hopeful but would appreciate the info Good luck on 10/15

------------------

rog

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. mmaher

mmaher Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Sep 28, 1999
    Kenner, La 70065
    Well, I called the admissions office, and they told me that I had a very early interview. They did not tell me why they chose me for an interview, but I think it had to do with my personal statement. I put alot of hard work into that statement, and I think it payed off. My stats are 3.77 GPA, 29R MCAT. I also have a graduate degree, and I am 27 years old. Like I said in my first post, there are about 5000 applications for 250 spots, so it is very competetive. Keep your fingers crossed, and it shouldn't be that much longer until you hear something.

------------------
    Mike

4. roger2004

roger2004 Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Sep 15, 1999
    New Jersey
    Yes, that would explain it. Great GPA, great MCAT, and a graduate degree. It sounds like you should have a VERY STRONG chance to be offered a seat. Is PCOM your first choice? Where else are you interested in attending? Thanks for the info. I'm just finishing up my last year of undergraduate and have a very solid GPA but only so so MCAT, 24. Pretty good work and volunteer experience including working for a DO who is an alumnus of PCOM but who knows - Thanks for the info and GOOD LUCK

------------------

rog