MMPI-2-RF RC-scales and specific problem scales

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sofie999

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a student from Belgium. I am writing my thesis about the MMPI-2-RF.
In the first part of my thesis I have done some validation research (cronbach's alpha, correlations, principal components analysis). The second part of my research is to reconstruct the depression scales: RCd, RC2, SUI, HLP, SFD, NFC.

I have found some help on the reconstruction of the RCd and RC2 in the technical manual, but I am not able to find how the specific problem scales were constructed. I have some difficulties reconstructing RC2. I haven't started reconstructing RCd.

Can anyone help me on how these scales should be reconstructed? I just need to find out how Tellegen and Ben-Porath constructed these scales and redo there investigation.

Thank you all,
Sofie

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I'm a student from Belgium. I am writing my thesis about the MMPI-2-RF.
In the first part of my thesis I have done some validation research (cronbach's alpha, correlations, principal components analysis). The second part of my research is to reconstruct the depression scales: RCd, RC2, SUI, HLP, SFD, NFC.

I have found some help on the reconstruction of the RCd and RC2 in the technical manual, but I am not able to find how the specific problem scales were constructed. I have some difficulties reconstructing RC2. I haven't started reconstructing RCd.

Can anyone help me on how these scales should be reconstructed? I just need to find out how Tellegen and Ben-Porath constructed these scales and redo there investigation.

Thank you all,
Sofie

No idea, but I have found it useful in the past to contact the actual authors when conducting this type of research. They may be more helpful than you would imagine.

I would contact Ben-Porath at Kent State University as I believe you have to have them approve any research involving the MMPI-2 RF as the test is copyrighted.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]University Address:
Department of Psychology
Kent State University
Kent, OH 44242-0001
Voice Mail: (330) 672-2684
FAX: (330) 672-4826
Email: [email protected]

Last edited: