Mnemonic to Memorize Protista

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whoaarr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Euglenoids, Dinoflagellates, Diatoms, Brown Algae, Rhodophyta, Chlorophyta: Every Dunkin Donuts Brews Roasted Coffee.
It's really stupid but I just thought I should share it. I had a hard time memorizing the algae-like protista but after I made this, I've been able to memorize it. Hope it helps at least a few people haha.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Do you think that we will need to know golden algae and random other algaes we earned in biology? Sometimes I am scared that what is in Cliff's + Ferali's + other sources will not cover the complete stuff they want to test us on .

Do you think that we will need to know golden algae and random other algaes we earned in biology? Sometimes I am scared that what is in Cliff's + Ferali's + other sources will not cover the complete stuff they want to test us on .

I feel you.. But we will never be able to "cover the complete stuff" they can test us on. As you pointed out, that is quite scary. On a brighter note, there are only three to four diversity questions on the test, with a good percentage of them dealing with more important topics like animalia and bryophyte life cycle (That's what I got when I took the test last August). For Confucius' sake, it's not like we don't have any other things to worry about :( Let's fu** the golden algae for now :)

I feel you.. But we will never be able to "cover the complete stuff" they can test us on. As you pointed out, that is quite scary. On a brighter note, there are only three to four diversity questions on the test, with a good percentage of them dealing with more important topics like animalia and bryophyte life cycle (That's what I got when I took the test last August). For Confucius' sake, it's not like we don't have any other things to worry about :( Let's fu** the golden algae for now :)
Oh wow bryophyte life cycle? That was lightly touched on in cliff. Oh well I'm sure whatever holes I am missing Destroyer will fill them in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually what I recently found out is that the number of questions you get for a specific topic is apparently "random"; you may get no diversity questions, you may get ten. Who knows! While it doesn't seem fair, it is apparently based on assessing equal difficulty with this strategy.

@orgoman22 could you perhaps explain the logic behind this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually what I recently found out is that the number of questions you get for a specific topic is apparently "random"; you may get no diversity questions, you may get ten. Who knows! While it doesn't seem fair, it is apparently based on assessing equal difficulty with this strategy.

@orgoman22 could you perhaps explain the logic behind this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I was just basing it on the 2009 DAT User's Manual. It gives you specific number of questions for each topics. And it said 4 for Diversity. But yeah, it is random. But I doubt it's to the point where one will be tested on 10 diversity questions.