impersonator

7+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2011
Status (Visible)
Hi all. The ABA website had been down over the past couple of days, and I noticed it is back up today. When looking over the MOCA part 4 requirements (the painful QI portion), I now noticed that there is no longer a form required for any activities. It is simply an attestation that you have completed 25 credits for each 5 year portion of your recertification cycle. Anyone else see this? Thoughts?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 34

fittipaldi1of1

10+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
They announced it will be more of an honors system as we are all professionals, but there will be audits and if falsified could mean loss of certification so u should maintain proof/records

Jul 5, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
The whole thing is just stupid. Board certification should go back to how it used to be.

Reactions: 4 users
About the Ads

We'llBeDoneIn15Minutes

"10 Percent for the Big Guy!"
Jun 7, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I guess the nonsense will grow like every other bureaucracy. Though probably unpopular, my suggestion is if you do anything then have a test. It at least forces you to go over stuff, learn (relearn) something, and sets some kind of basic standard, regardless how vague or useful that standard is. As set up, it's basically busy work. You COULD learn something out of MOCA as it currently is now, but the unmotivated, the group you want to know is keeping up, can get through the MOCA busy work without any benefit gained or standard of any kind met. So, what's the point?

linkin06

We are all witnesses.
10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2008
Status (Visible)
I saw you can now get CME credit for doing MOCA questions. If you pay extra.......

Reactions: 1 user

Guillemot

10+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Yeah. I don't think all this MOCA stuff is going to successfully cause people to become competent or retain competency. I had some spare CME money & time, and so I did the SIMSTAT just to make sure I had the QI stuff out of the way. It was not very good at all. Some of the other QI stuff sounds reasonable, but documenting it is not helpful and doesn't necessarily mean that one got something worthwhile out of it.

I do put active effort into learning outside of the MOCA stuff and that is what is actually going to help me be a good physician.

Reactions: 1 users

Hawaiian Bruin

Breaking Good
15+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2003
Visit site
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
It’s all just window dressing over the fact that MOCA is a practice tax. Soon they’ll just say “You know what, let’s not pretend anymore, no more assessments and no more MOCA minutes. Just mail us the $210 per year because we said so and we need it, or else you lose your job. Have a nice day!”

Just say no to that garbage. Lobby your hospitals to accept NBPAS and never pay the ABA another dime for the extortion scheme that is MOCA.

Reactions: 5 users

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads