MOCA Part 4?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mindy325

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! It’s been a long time since I logged in and posted. Looks like no one is really posting about MOCA nowadays. Did everyone just agree to disagree about it? I came on to see if anyone has any suggestions for the Part 4 to make it less painful. It seems that for those who don’t want to start implementing changes in their department (like what if the department says no we can’t keep switching our policies and procedures back and forth at the whim of every MOCA candidate around here), the online SimStat courses are the way to go if we don’t take an in-person simulation course. Any other suggestions? I know the entire MOCA is a nuisance and a tough pill to swallow. Some say it’s useless. Others say it’s too expensive. Others say it takes too much time for the busy work. Others want a more difficult exam process to make it worth it. I just keep thinking about that old fable about the frogs and their king, so I would leave well enough alone. The part I would get rid of would be the last part consisting of attestations from 3 people who are in supervisory positions. I’m far from that part right now, but has anyone done that part yet? That makes it seem like we could go through all the rest of the process and get down to the home stretch and any one of 3 people can mess it up for us. I mean beyond the anesthesia director it says we can get the medical director. It’s fine if you know that person well. But there could be an issue if you’ve ever felt less than thrilled with the quality of a medicine consult and said so, or he may just know you as “one of those anesthesiologists.” What did you guys do for your attestations if you got to that part?

Members don't see this ad.