rexed

15+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
The COVID situation has been terrible. However, just saw this on my MOCA portal page:

"We recognize the strains under which our diplomates are practicing and want you to prioritize your time to serve the immediate needs of your practice, your families, and yourself. If you feel that you cannot meet MOCA requirements because of the COVID-19 pandemic, we will waive those requirements for the remainder of 2020. There is no need to inform us if you need your requirements waived. Your certification will not be adversely impacted if you are not able to complete your MOCA requirements in 2020."

Thanks ABA? So will they waive the MOCA fee for this year too? Somehow I don't think so.

Reactions: 1 user

clubdeac

10+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I guess the real question is why are we having to do any MOCA in the first place since any provider be it an NP, PA or chiroquack can set up shop and perform and bill for all the procedures we do? What's the point. If you can do everything we do with a fraction of the training, why are we being held to such ridiculously high standards?

Reactions: 5 users
About the Ads

rexed

15+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
not if you already paid those fees. its May. you probably did...
I paid sometime in February because I forgot to. Come coronavirus time and I forgot to do my 30 questions before end of first quarter so I in a rush did 30 questions on April 1 in the morning. What a waste of time. Why even bother now, if it's acceptable to bypass these upkeep questions because we're pre-occupied with the corona virus, they must not realize that we're normally all pre-occupied with running a practice and seeing patients.

Ducttape

SDN Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
yes.

but, we are still responsible for keeping up to date on medicine and medical advances, and the board feels responsible for having some form of documentation that we are doing this.

just my 2 cents, but this "system" is better than a 3 month cram session to relearn everything forgotten over the last 10 years, for a crappy 1 day examination and subsequent weeks of anxiety that I failed...

clubdeac

10+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
yes.

but, we are still responsible for keeping up to date on medicine and medical advances, and the board feels responsible for having some form of documentation that we are doing this.

just my 2 cents, but this "system" is better than a 3 month cram session to relearn everything forgotten over the last 10 years, for a crappy 1 day examination and subsequent weeks of anxiety that I failed...
I got a 99% on it ;)

thecentral09

2+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2017
I paid sometime in February because I forgot to. Come coronavirus time and I forgot to do my 30 questions before end of first quarter so I in a rush did 30 questions on April 1 in the morning. What a waste of time. Why even bother now, if it's acceptable to bypass these upkeep questions because we're pre-occupied with the corona virus, they must not realize that we're normally all pre-occupied with running a practice and seeing patients.
So what I learned was you don’t really have to do it every quarter, you just can’t do more than 30 in a day. I only paid last year in July, and was caught up with the first 3 quarters on July 3rd without penalty. Not a huge deal, but saves you from stressing about every quarter

gaseous_clay

15+ Year Member
May 5, 2005
Status (Visible)
So what I learned was you don’t really have to do it every quarter, you just can’t do more than 30 in a day. I only paid last year in July, and was caught up with the first 3 quarters on July 3rd without penalty. Not a huge deal, but saves you from stressing about every quarter
I buy it during the last week of the year and do 30 questions per day x 4 days. It’s really not a big deal.

D

deleted993114

I like the MOCA questions. They have great references and I usually learn something. It's really a small inconvenience and I actually like seeing what they will ask, but then again, I am a "Jeopardy" nerd and enjoyed taking standardized tests of all types.

If they want to "tax" me every year for my certificate, I'm okay with that. God knows everyone else taxes me and to a much greater extent.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.