Mock Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

birdboybird

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow a few of my friends agreed to give me a mock interview. They are not professionals. Anyone have any good ideas on how to make this "friend mock interview" as useful as possible?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Tomorrow a few of my friends agreed to give me a mock interview. They are not professionals. Anyone have any good ideas on how to make this "friend mock interview" as useful as possible?

Thank you!

Definitely ask them to keep it as serious as possible. I asked my friend to not only be serious but to be critical and put the pressure on when it came to my answers (using follow ups to point out holes in my answer).

For me, that allowed me to see what went wrong or where I could improve.

My real interview is in two days so I'm basically just making sure I have my ideas well formatted.

Reactions: 1 user

Thank you!
Besides what was said above,
see if you can answer the questions they ask while not twiddling your thumbs/moving your legs up and down/saying 'um' all the time. Have them point these out to you if you do them.

Have them go through the interview feedback section and pull out actual questions.
Tell them to be ruthless and objective with you. They're doing you no favors by pulling punches or lobbing softballs.