WnderWmn10

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Just wondering if it is possible to moonlight in PM & R. If so what year is this possible to do so and how much can you make.

Thanks!

topwise

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
Also, does anyone know of any good moonlighting gigs in NYC?

About the Ads

DistantMets

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Just wondering if it is possible to moonlight in PM & R. If so what year is this possible to do so and how much can you make.

Thanks!
If you're looking into the Baltimore, DC, Richmond, or Norfolk VA area there's an urgent care with many sites several of us in my program work for. You make 55 to ~$75 per hour and they include malpractice. You have to pass step 3 and complete internship to get your state license and DEA regardless of where you moonlight and your program has to be ok with it. Where we work prefers that you be PGY3 or close to it.

Believe2008

BELIEVE2008
10+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2008
Chicago
Status
Medical Student
Just going through threads and noticed you are in Chicago and I am guessing you are PM&R resident from your post. I am curious about this specialty as to where to rotate. I am looking for a rotation (I'm MSIII) that is more procedure based. Thanks for your help!:)

NukeLaLoosh

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Hey, I talked with a resident in a particular SE program. He and another resident each made $70K in addition to his salary as a pgy-4. The only catch was that his PD didn't know and I'm going to respect those wishes.

Finally M3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
tOSU (the Ohio State University, aka school of the Devil) had some built-in moonlighting, Ohio Workers Compensation chart review that was billed per hour, and was compensated obscenely well.

From what I've heard through the grapevine, it is still in existance.

HarveyCushing

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
Status
Any other programs where it is easy/allowed to moonlight as a resident? Or is that something that a med-students asks the residents during elective rotation/interview?

caedmon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2003
Visit site
Status
Mayo has a department which sets up moonlighting opportunities for residents. They provide emergency skills education, malpractice coverage etc. and your pay goes on your regular paycheck. Mayo resources are available at each site. Opportunities are available in urgent care and the emergency department with pay ranging from $80-$120/hr. You can do either depending on comfort level.

In PM&R you are allowed to moonlight when on outpatient rotations.

About the Ads