Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

More AMCAS woes

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by mpp, Oct 10, 2001.

1. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    After AMCAS confirmed my transcript receipt twice (once by e-mail on August 4, and once by telephone on September 5) I received an e-mail today that my transcript is missing. The incompetence level is truly remarkable. Considering that they have had approximately 23,000 applications submitted with an average of around 11 schools each; that is a total receipt of about $10 million (plus or minus considering the applicants that receive fee waivers) since June. That is an incredible amount of money. How they can misfile and lose transcripts, verify applications in such a painstakingly slow manner, and take a more than 10 days to return a simple e-mail request for a status is comical, but somehow I'm not laughing anymore. I know it will all work out in the end, and I'll be patient with them, but it would be tough to figure out a way to frustrate a group of people more than AMCAS has.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. spacecadet

spacecadet Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

You got them to return a status email? I've never had any luck there!

I got a message a long time ago that some of my transcripts were missing after I had phone confirmation that they were there. I spent another hour on hold just to be told that the email was generated automatically and there was some kind of problem with the program.

I don't think you'll find any argument here that AMCAS sucks.