More AMCAS woes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mpp

SDN Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
After AMCAS confirmed my transcript receipt twice (once by e-mail on August 4, and once by telephone on September 5) I received an e-mail today that my transcript is missing. The incompetence level is truly remarkable. Considering that they have had approximately 23,000 applications submitted with an average of around 11 schools each; that is a total receipt of about $10 million (plus or minus considering the applicants that receive fee waivers) since June. That is an incredible amount of money. How they can misfile and lose transcripts, verify applications in such a painstakingly slow manner, and take a more than 10 days to return a simple e-mail request for a status is comical, but somehow I'm not laughing anymore. I know it will all work out in the end, and I'll be patient with them, but it would be tough to figure out a way to frustrate a group of people more than AMCAS has.

Members don't see this ad.

You got them to return a status email? I've never had any luck there!

I got a message a long time ago that some of my transcripts were missing after I had phone confirmation that they were there. I spent another hour on hold just to be told that the email was generated automatically and there was some kind of problem with the program.

I don't think you'll find any argument here that AMCAS sucks.