More HMS Anxiety...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sparky Man said:
this has got to go down as one of the weirdest things in sdn history.

no more anxiety for tonight, though, i'm going to bed... :sleep:

Sweet dreams. :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, this and the other HMS threads are freaking me out... I also swore off SDN once the countdown threads started appearing, but was lured back on.

Question: what's the consensus theory on whether waitlisted applicants would be able to log in to this financial aid site? It says only accepted people can log in, BUT apparently the waitlisted also get financial aid info, which they ostensibly must fill out (via the website?).

Speculations?

incomplete; can log in- but only tried on sunday night. maybe the system was updated over the weekend?

Members don't see this ad :)
so i'm still not convinced (mainly b/c of that one poster who can log in but didn't even have an interview). can someone who can log in call the financial aid office tomorrow (the number is right on the page) and ask if they are admitted ("Hi. I applied to HMS this year and noticed today that I can log into your financial aid web page, which says is for admitted applicants only. Does this mean I'm admitted and can proceed with filling it out?"). I may resort to calling but I am too big of a chicken so please someone braver than me do it and report back....

I'm all for someone calling, but I'll go ahead and predict that they'll either say: "Hmm. I'm not sure about that, but we can't give out any information over the phone."

I am, however, contemplating calling about the "Incomplete." Seems more legitimate to be concerned about the fact that, the day letters are mailed, my secondary application page tells me I am missing something.

Still shows I'm nasty obsesessive for checking a site which has been irrelevant for a few months now, but oh well. At least I'll never have to admit how many times I've checked it...

hey guys...i'm incomplete and can't log in. here's what i think though:

1.) maybe complete/incomplete means that someone has or has not finished all the requirements. e.g., i haven't finished the calculus requirement that they need us to finish before the first day of school...hence i'm incomplete.

2.) perhaps the people who can log into the financial aid website are harvard undergraduates or people who have created an account with them earlier for whatever reason.

what do you think? :confused:

SmartyPants said:

1.) maybe complete/incomplete means that someone has or has not finished all the requirements. e.g., i haven't finished the calculus requirement that they need us to finish before the first day of school...hence i'm incomplete.

2.) perhaps the people who can log into the financial aid website are harvard undergraduates or people who have created an account with them earlier for whatever reason.

Alas no on both counts, I believe.

I have finished all of their requirements and submitted my form, yet I am incomplete.

I was a Harvard undergrad, but I can't log in (though I'm a bit non-traditional, so others might want to check)

SmartyPants said:

Nope and nope.

Runmimi and Mateodaspy are not Harvard undergrads and they can log in (although I am not sure if Mateodaspy confirmed this, but I am assuming that to be the case). And Runmim is an engineer and as such would have taken all the math requirments and more. So, there goes that theory...

It's a good thing you're incomplete. You'll probably be waitlisted at the very least. I suppose a congratulations is even in order.

GuyLaroche said:
Nope and nope.

Runmimi and Mateodaspy are not Harvard undergrads and they can log in (although I am not sure if Mateodaspy confirmed this, but I am assuming that to be the case). And Runmim is an engineer and as such would have taken all the math requirments and more. So, there goes that theory...

It's a good thing you're incomplete. You'll probably be waitlisted at the very least. I suppose a congratulations is even in order.

GL-I'm rooting for you! (And myself!)

I know that the "evidence" is overwhelmingly against us "completes," but you never know.

:luck:

I wonder what today will bring. The HMS saga continues............. :scared:

I'm sure those of us that can't log into the financial aid page will be trying to constantly! :confused:

YES! We have succeeded in taking the financial aid site off the internet! Now no one can log in!!! Probably from that guy who called and told them some of us could log in. Ha ha ha, stupid Harvard people.

Since we now pretty well have 2 duplicate threads, I suggest anyone wanting to continue this conversation head over to this thread, which seems to be more active:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=183844

Also, I have to say that I think it this is hilarious and perfectly fitting. For most schools, there's an official countdown thread. For Harvard, the (un)official countdown is actually a neurotic obsession about the precise meaning of some cryptic website access. Behold your future colleagues and God help us all.

Can anyone log in who is HST only? Man I never should have read this thread. Blast.

complete and can't log in. i really need to stop reading this thread - my anxiety is out of control!
please let my letter arrive soon so i can be put out of my misery!

good luck peeps.

We'll probably find out tomorrow! :confused:

RunMimi said:
Okay, I vowed never to post on SDN again, but here I am breaking my vow after only like 5 days! ::sigh::

Why'd you erase all your posts, Mimi?

criminallyinane said:
Why'd you erase all your posts, Mimi?

while i can't speak for mimi, my guess would be it has something to do with the whole scandal about someone hacking into the business school sites and revealing admissions info weeks ahead of schedule. it was just in the news. i think in that situation, though, it was a clear hack, a clear security breach. this, if it turns out to mean anything, is more a large oversight on the part of HMS. I mean, we didn't have to hack into anything so i don't see how we could get in trouble.

CarleneM said:
while i can't speak for mimi, my guess would be it has something to do with the whole scandal about someone hacking into the business school sites and revealing admissions info weeks ahead of schedule. it was just in the news. i think in that situation, though, it was a clear hack, a clear security breach. this, if it turns out to mean anything, is more a large oversight on the part of HMS. I mean, we didn't have to hack into anything so i don't see how we could get in trouble.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I can speak for mimi. It has something to do with losers bothering her. So to the losers: leave her the f*ck alone.

GuyLaroche said:
I can speak for mimi. It has something to do with losers bothering her. So to the losers: leave her the f*ck alone.

Seriously, there are some major league a**holes on these forums.

Sparky Man said:
We'll probably find out tomorrow! :confused:

I'm all the way in CA, so I don't expect to receive my rejection letter until the end of this week, at the earliest.

:luck: to all you incompletes! And early congratulations to those who will be receiving HMS love!

GuyLaroche said:

That is so f-cking weak. Who does that? :(