Quantcast

More secondary question...why DO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ScOrPiO2983

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
On the secondaries, such as Touro's, where they ask you to describe personal characteristics and life experiences you have had that would make you a good doctor, are you supposed to through in why you choose osteopathic medicine over allopathic medicine?? I don't know how to incorporate my reason for choosing osteopathic medicine in a question like this. Any advice??

box29

Keep on keepin' on Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ScOrPiO2983 said:
On the secondaries, such as Touro's, where they ask you to describe personal characteristics and life experiences you have had that would make you a good doctor, are you supposed to through in why you choose osteopathic medicine over allopathic medicine?? I don't know how to incorporate my reason for choosing osteopathic medicine in a question like this. Any advice??

I did not say anything about choosing osteopathic medicine over allopathic medicine. I think this is what most applicants believe they have to say to get a "message" across. IMHO, I would not say why I chose one over the other because I think this may be misinterpretted as one being better than the other.

Take a good look at the question or statement and just answer it. Then, go back and take another good hard look at your answer and see how that fits or parallels the philosophy of osteopathic medicine. Incorporate those and keep editing until you get a smooth, thorough, and concise essay.

That's just my quick $0.02. Good luck!