"Most challenging/difficult experience" Secondary Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bballergirl617

Reaction score
Hello,

Regarding the "Most challenging/difficult experience" question included on many secondaries, if an applicant discussed their most difficult experience in their PS should they use a different experience? Obviously to answer the question truthfully you should use whatever experience was most difficult but also it is important to not rehash topics that were already discussed in the primary app, right?

Thoughts appreciated! Thanks

@Goro @WedgeDawg @PapaGuava @Faha

Members don't see this ad.

I mentioned my most difficult experience in my PS but went into more detail for some secondary prompts.

Don’t repeat information, but if there’s more you can say about it, I would say go for it.

Reactions: 2 users
Hello,

Regarding the "Most challenging/difficult experience" question included on many secondaries, if an applicant discussed their most difficult experience in their PS should they use a different experience? Obviously to answer the question truthfully you should use whatever experience was most difficult but also it is important to not rehash topics that were already discussed in the primary app, right?

In your PS a most difficult experience likely talks about you as the patient or you being challenged and how it applies to medicine. As @EmbryonalCarcinoma stated, a different angle in the secondaries along the lines of How that challenege affected you personally as opposed to your medicine journey.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

If you're mentioning most difficult experience in the PS, it should be in the light of "why medicine?".

For the secondary, it should be about how you coped/displayed resilience.

Reactions: 3 users
If you're mentioning most difficult experience in the PS, it should be in the light of "why medicine?".

For the secondary, it should be about how you coped/displayed resilience.
Perfect, thank you all!