-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
China and Eastern Asia most competitive specialties
Started by NDESTRUKT
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
What are the most competitive specialties in Asian medicine? Are they similar to here in the US?
dermatology...lol.
I guess it's dermatology...
or pediatrics..
Hmmm....doesn't "competitive" mean difficult to get into. I don't think pediatrics is hard to get into anywhere.
The competiveness of specialties is different from country to country. But we're all human so generally, the most-competitive specialties everywhere tend to be quite financially rewarding.
The competiveness of specialties is different from country to country. But we're all human so generally, the most-competitive specialties everywhere tend to be quite financially rewarding.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
surgical fields, like neurosurgery. i know tons who'd wanna be in it, but few get chosen... and even fewer actually finish. 

^
I think there are loads of people going into IM but not everyone chooses to take a subspec fellowship. I know Pulmonology isn't a popular choice. I think Cardio is one of the more popular ones.
I think there are loads of people going into IM but not everyone chooses to take a subspec fellowship. I know Pulmonology isn't a popular choice. I think Cardio is one of the more popular ones.
Hey, im interested in Anesthesiology or Psychiatry! How competitive the field are?
Dermatology (only 1 per year)
Ophtalmology (1/year)
Neurology (1/year)
Easier :
- GP
- I don't know how to call this kind of doctors : "doctors who make the autopsy"- psychatry
- geriatry
Pathologist (Medical Examiner) 👍
what can you say about thoraco-cardio vascular surgery as a apecilization?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Very competitive even in the Philippines.what can you say about thoraco-cardio vascular surgery as a apecilization?
what can you say about thoraco-cardio vascular surgery as a apecilization?
very in-demand in hospitals because they are so few.
though for me the most competitive specializations are IM, OB-Gyne and Pedia. why? because there are so many (practitioners/specialists) of them here! you have to be always "on your toes" so that more & more patients will come to you.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 6K
- Poll
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 9K
