Most "desired" specialty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Most "desired" specialty

• Anesthesiology

Votes: 88 8.8%
  • Dermatology

Votes: 207 20.8%
  • Emergency Medicine

Votes: 142 14.2%
  • ENT

Votes: 36 3.6%
  • Family Practice

Votes: 35 3.5%
  • General Surgery (or Subspecialty)

Votes: 78 7.8%
  • Internal Medicine (or Subspecialty)

Votes: 64 6.4%
  • Neurosurgery

Votes: 86 8.6%
  • Obstetrics/Gynecology

Votes: 14 1.4%
  • Ophthalmology

Votes: 65 6.5%
  • Orthopaedic Surgery

Votes: 144 14.4%
  • Pediatrics

Votes: 68 6.8%
  • Plastic Surgery

Votes: 119 11.9%
  • Psychiatry

Votes: 21 2.1%
  • Radiology

Votes: 133 13.3%

• Total voters
General surgery or Neurosurgery is the best.:):)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Dermatology is the best speciality. The patient never dies—and never gets well. – Anonymous

Members don't see this ad.

I disagree. I personally find plastic surgeons to be really creepy. I get the impression that they hoed out for the money and are shallow people. I'm sure thats not the case for all of them-but just as a generalization, plastic docs are not hot.
QUOTE]

I have to agree with this. Whenever I meet a plastic surgeon I imagine that when he looks at me all he sees is what "needs to be fixed." :thumbdown:
No thaks!

Members don't see this ad :)
What's the verdict on oral & maxillofacial surgeons, ladies? Hot or not?

I got to vote for Neurosurgery, with a close second place to EM.

Neurosurgery just sounds cool!

EM is just famous with all those TV shows out now.

I guess anesthesiologists could be cool with their needles and "pain" medication too.:D

I think if you tell a girl you are an ED physician, you'll be in like flint. Most lay people have this romantic image of EP's saving Timmy's leg after being hit by a drunk driver or delivering babies in the taxi cab in the ambulance bay. To her you are the navy seal/special forces person of the medical world. :D

except the one ED physician I know was a woman and she regrets it because she's go days without seeing her kids because of the shift work. she wishes she would have picked a different specialty.

I dunno, I find pediatricians to be pretty cute, but then again I'm probably just generalizing from the young and cute and cool pediatricians I've seen.

Still, seeing as how I see more of those than say, cute female orthopedic surgeons, it might be valid, lol.

Plus, she'll totally know how not to kill the kids.

And anyhow, most of those specialties on the list are the super competitive hardcore kind where I prolly wouldn't even see the girl, so my choices were kinda limited from a practical perspective.

I wonder about the whole inferiority complex thing...but you know, who cares. Any hot derm ladies out there can marry me any day. We can even do one of those multi-specialty clinics together or something.