Most interesting interview day experiences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wmw

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Post your most interesting/weird/funny interview day experiences.. :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Back few years ago, during my interview day, they had about 30 of us seated in a conference room, and 8 or 9 people went to their interviews at a time. After the first group left, I noticed we were quiet, because we didn't have much to talk about, and there weren't many additional questions we could think of asking. So one of the faculty members from the school says "I didn't watch anything interesting on TV last night, so you guys are going to have to think of questions to ask or things to talk about"

At one of my interviews the student panel had just gotten done with a rather brutal exam and asked if we wouldn't mind doing the panel at a local bar. Needless to say I got trashed on my interview, with said students at like 4 in the afternoon.

And no, I decided not to go there lol

Members don't see this ad :)
At one of my interviews the student panel had just gotten done with a rather brutal exam and asked if we wouldn't mind doing the panel at a local bar. Needless to say I got trashed on my interview, with said students at like 4 in the afternoon.

haha wow. that beats most any other story ive heard on here, what school was this??

Lol can't say that I have any interesting interview stories but I am interested to see others' experiences.

yea same. mine have been pretty chill so far, but I saw a thread like this over on the pre-med pages and figured I'd set one up here

If that schools somewhere in the midwest... I think I know which school it is :rolleyes:

At one school, part 1 was a written essay and part 2 was the individual interview. After the essay, I was on the elevator with another candidate to head up to the interview part, so to break the uncomfortable silence, I asked the other person what she thought of the essay. She admitted that she found out what the topic was several days ahead of time. She was currently an undergrad at the school, so I suppose she knew some people. So, I was pretty disheartened knowing that I had the 30 minutes to formulate my thoughts and write my essay while others in the room had days to get their thoughts together.

At one school, part 1 was a written essay and part 2 was the individual interview. After the essay, I was on the elevator with another candidate to head up to the interview part, so to break the uncomfortable silence, I asked the other person what she thought of the essay. She admitted that she found out what the topic was several days ahead of time. She was currently an undergrad at the school, so I suppose she knew some people. So, I was pretty disheartened knowing that I had the 30 minutes to formulate my thoughts and write my essay while others in the room had days to get their thoughts together.

Ah, that's life. Most schools don't put much emphasis on the essay anyway. They want to see if you're at least somewhat capable of formulating complete sentences and thoughts in a short of amount of time.

Ah, that's life. Most schools don't put much emphasis on the essay anyway. They want to see if you're at least somewhat capable of formulating complete sentences and thoughts in a short of amount of time.

In the end it didn't matter because I was accepted. Still annoying to know that others had some advantage.

In retrospect, I should have blasted the interviewers in the oral interview when they asked the integrity questions. Clearly, there are some integrity issues within their program. :laugh: