Most Likely Failed COMLEX PE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Solving4gravity

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, not a regular poster, but just finished up taking my COMLEX PE this week. I know everyone says this, but I really am pretty sure I failed which sucks cause I'm in my fourth year. Mostly worried about things I didn't know I was supposed to do. Just looking for some insight on how bad some of the mistakes I made were...

1) Gowns and Draping: I asked permission on every patient to remove there gown and help them put it back on to cover them up, but never retied the gown once finished, I simply placed it back up over there shoulders. This happened on EVERY patient. Also, I draped the patients for abdominal exams, but left them undraped if I didn't have them laying on the table.
2) For female patients: I while listening on the cardiac posts, I had them lower their gown slightly (politely asking), listened to the first 2 listening posts, and then asked them if they could lower the left side of the gown to a lower level so I could listen to the posts under their breasts. Basically, I'm worried I had the patient to exposed during this.

Obviously, there were other things I forgot to do (forgetting to add chief complaint on most subjectives) but these two things are really making me feel like I failed the exam. Thanks everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

If you failed because of those 2 things I would expect many people to fail. I only draped if they were laying down. If you failed I failed too.

Reactions: 1 user