Most meaningful activity help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

user123456

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Honestly, the top three for me were
1) medical volunteering
2) summer research
3) club activity
And it's nicely balanced I think. But I wrote 80% of my personal statement on medical volunteering so in the extra space I get in work/activities, I can only rehash my personal statement which feels like a waste of space. Should I replace medical volunteering with current research? (Different lab from my summer research project.) I could use another paragraph there.
I'm wondering if
-it would be weird to write my personal statement on medical volunteering and then not list it as most meaningful and if
-having two research experiences as my 2/3 most meaningful would make me seem lop-sided. (not MD/PhD but I have three substantial lab experiences)

SDN advice please? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, the top three for me were
1) medical volunteering
2) summer research
3) club activity
And it's nicely balanced I think. But I wrote 80% of my personal statement on medical volunteering so in the extra space I get in work/activities, I can only rehash my personal statement which feels like a waste of space. Should I replace medical volunteering with current research? (Different lab from my summer research project.) I could use another paragraph there.
I'm wondering if
-it would be weird to write my personal statement on medical volunteering and then not list it as most meaningful and if
-having two research experiences as my 2/3 most meaningful would make me seem lop-sided. (not MD/PhD but I have three substantial lab experiences)

SDN advice please? thanks!
I think you should rewrite your PS. See the thread here http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=536199
and my response to someone else in a similar situation here http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=825621
Think of the PS as an opportunity to dive into a very specific story or patient that impacted you during your medical volunteering. I wouldn't use my PS to talk about all the things I learned during volunteering. That discussion would be more appropriate for the "most meaningful" box

Keep in mind that you are only obliged to mark one experience as most meaningful. You don't have to do 3