Most Prestigous Fields

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Theres not any prestige. You clean up **** and vomit, get called 24/7 for stupid questions from self-entitled overweight people who have no one to blame but themselves for their problems, bend over daily for insurance companies/medicaid, watch nurses with 1/4 your smarts and 1/10th your education (but 10x the lobby) be given the same power and privileges (all the while being ranked as a more trusted profession than you), get screwed on reimbursements (the failing auto industry assembly-line workers probably net more than you but you don't have a greedy and corrupt union to speak out on your behalf and besides everyone in the US thinks you make WAY too much money), work 80+ hour weeks (have a good chance of getting divorced and losing half your retirement savings), will probably become an alcoholic and/or pill-popper, deal with unqualified *****s at the DEA and FDA who will take your prescriptive authority away for breathing too loud, and well... you get the point. Go away.

Did I mention I can't wait to become a doctor??????????????????

:)

Somebody woke up on the right side of the bed!

Members don't see this ad :)
How is dermatology prestigious?

It's not... it's just competitive. There is a difference. Dermatologists always complain about not being respected by their peers, just like psychiatrists do. That's not prestige.
Frankly, nobody really looks up to other specialties in medicine. Most people feel their field is the best, and privately sneers at everyone else.

In my limited experience, I've noticed that clinic folks always seem to think the grass is greener when it comes to derm.

I suppose I could change my answer to Rad onc, since its a similarly competitive specialty. But a lot more people would hate to be the one doing their work (same with neurology) because you deal with some really depressing patients. I think the path and radiology guys know the most, but a lot of people look down on their specialty because they don't usually deal directly with patients.

Most Prestigious?

Being an doctor at a top hospital while working a significant amount of time in a free clinic where all you see is ghetto people. (I'm ghetto so I can talk about ghetto people)

That's what I want to do :)
(It might not sound that prestigious to some but I feel it is)

Prestigious and competitive are not exactly synonyms.

Last edited:
come on its not like figuring this out is brain surgery or anything

Gameteology: The branch of medicine that deals with the treatment of gametes and their known disorders. Gameteologists spend most of their time taking care of sick sperm and egg cells.

This sub-speciality (an IM sub-speciality) is very prestigious. In fact, the match rate last year was very close to 10^-200%. Gameteologists must go through a very rigorous learning process. Becoming a Gameteologist requires a 4 year IM residency + 10-13 year general-Gameteology residency. Highly qualified individuals may choose to complete a 5-7 year fellowship in Paediatric/Geriatric Gameteology. Hghly-highly qualified individuals may go on to complete a 2 year gametosurgery fellowship.

The average Gameteologist makes $5170000/year and works 27 hours/week. The average Peadiatric/Geriatric Gametologist makes $20000000/year and works 21 hours/week. Because of their importance, Gametosurgeons have limitless credit-cards which are paid for by the government. Gametosurgeons are also eligible for attractive mail-order brides*

Everyone knows that the most intelligent individuals, with the highest step scores and published research, choose Gameteology.

Good luck:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::xf::xf::xf:

PM me for more information,

Chemdude-future Gametosurgeon:)

*Countries limited to Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Belarus

lol at that